Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Chemicals & Equipment Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 6 posts   Subject: Supercritical CO2 extraction   Please login to post   Down

chem_123
(Hive Addict)
10-06-04 02:56
No 534618
User Picture 
      Supercritical CO2 extraction     

No fucking around, SWIM's is thinking about building a CO2 apparatus to extract the goods from various friends of the bees..i.e. mush, weed, etc.

How does a bee find out which components of the items in question will be soluble in liquid CO2? will psylicobin? THC?

If so, any tips on creating such an apparatus? links? stainless steel wall thickness? formulae? suggested drawings? hints? tips?

P.S.
TFSE has been probed...nothing of serious merit was found frown
Please p.m....ty

dumbjanitor
(Hive Bee)
10-22-04 05:16
No 537082
      heheh     

I discussed this a long time ago, and just like you probally have come to realize its just to hard and dangerous. Think about it you would need to create a bomb to hold your material and the liquid co2. BAM! co2's melting point is super low so you would need to contain the weed/co2 somehow.think of the pressure releasing it. My advise is to go with propane, its cheap, plentifull, and can be used similer to the way you would go about using butane. just get a tank, get an attachment to screw a 1 or 2 foot pipe onto it, get a cap with a bunch of small holes drilled into it a viola. ask me if you want me to go more in depth but just goin to the hardware store with that in mind should be enough to create somthing good. If your confused at the store just say your making a custom bbq grill.

chem_123
(Hive Addict)
10-25-04 21:01
No 537772
User Picture 
      ty     

with the few directed q's that SWIM has asked, SWIM has encountered two separate answers from two separate posters which have come to a similar conclusion, a non-polar solvent needs to bee used under pressure (if possible), or at a low temp. (i.e. below 0deg. C, depending on which np is used)

SWIM has what it needs, ty.

Jacked
(Ancient Alchemist Delux)
10-31-04 02:03
No 538846

If your after a pressure vessel try a medical oxy cylinder. There easy to come by empty, they are made of aircraft Al and have a square valve that is easily unscrewed leaving a 3/4-16 thread with a flat surface for a nylon washer to seal the valve. You can adapt many of an array with this standard set up.. The bottles are rated at 3000 psi and there clean inside... Best of all they come in sizes from 12" x 4" to 5' x 8" all with the same internal thread configuration.

Tighten Up!  (UH)

indole_amine
(Hive Bee)
10-31-04 02:16
No 538847
User Picture 
      liquid alkanes maybe?     

Is liquefied CO2 superior to liquid propane/butane? Because the latter two are way easier to handle, and both are pretty effective high pressure extraction solvents, too...
(just a thought)

indole_amine

dumbjanitor
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 19:13
No 540880
      ???     

there's a million questions concerning this
1. how are you going to control the gas the you will expell out of the reaction vessle????
The co2 will turn into a gas immedietly
2. how will contain the oil after expelling it
3. are you an experienced welder?
You are making a self contained bomb, better be sure it won't explode
4. What kind of filling station are you going to have to fill your vessle up?
Not knocking or anything, if you know how to do this i would be extremly interested to learn.

All 6 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by Charles Lee Ray v0.17.4 (pirate copy), 2022, Honey Bucket Associates. All rights reserved.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 04-24-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique