Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse  

All 24 posts   Subject: 2c's and health   Please login to post   Down

Eduard
(Stranger)
08-08-03 10:10
No 452442
      2c's and health     

Is anyone aware of health problems related to phenethylamines, such as 2-cb, 2-cc and espesially 2-ci?

Thoughts

akdov
(Stranger)
08-08-03 15:02
No 452469
      Try the UTFSE     

Im sure i read somewhere on here about neurotoxicity, especially concerning 2c-i. In general you've got to be aware of the stimulatory effects of the pea's, only a concern to you i've you've got high bp, a dodgy ticker etc.

brewed and canned in the UK

k0dog
(Hive Bee)
08-09-03 06:25
No 452572
      NO...     

I'm sure that your is some sorta either side effects to long term uses of 2-cX chems... you gotta understand that everything has some sorta effect... the short term efferts are probably minimal for majority(except that 2-cb hurts Swim's nose.. lol) but constant long term uses probably do have effects on ya... yes I 'Could' be wrong..do you really wanna take the chance that I'm right.. and that 30 years from now you be come dignosised with some weird neurological disorder that no one can explain.. all because you wanted to 'experiment' for a long time!

This is not trying to be an insult but... If your taking high doses of 2-cX compounds everyday... DON'T.. There is a major difference between users and Abusers... This is not only dirrected at these compunds it is with any mind altering substance.. but especially ones that have not been used for very long...

Anyways I hope bees understand what I'm trying to relate... even tho everyone is going to follow there own path.. peace

"Vanity is defintely my favourite sin"
-Devil's advocate

Eduard
(Stranger)
08-10-03 13:16
No 452773
      Thanx     

Yes!

I'm not trying to do any such test, nor hope that anyone else tries to do... 

that question was motivated mostly because of one side-effect repotr of ci but I believe that that particular report was either non-accurate or that that ci was not ci.

Thoughts

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
08-12-03 21:42
No 453178
User Picture 
      reference or rumor?     

Im sure i read somewhere on here about neurotoxicity, especially concerning 2c-i.

Please provide us with references, or we'll have to write that off as an urban legend.

akdov
(Stranger)
08-13-03 00:12
No 453201
      Seems that i was wrong     

It seems as though I was wrong, I'd read your quote 'Only 4-Chloro, 4-Bromo-, and 4-Iodoamphetamine (and the corresponding methamphetamines) have been shown to be serotonergic neurotoxins, not the 2,5-dimethoxy-4-haloamphetamines.' (post # 437079), but thanks to that ridiculous heat we'd had, i must have read it wrongly! Oh well, at least i learnt something from it. Soz.

Prometheuz
(Hive Bee)
08-18-03 12:37
No 454338
      Concerns over iodine     

IMO there is a bit of concern when taking iodine-containing compounds.
If you take 30 mg 2C-I*HCl, you get 11,1 mg of iodine. The maximum allowed daily intake of iodine is 1 mg, in some countries 500 µg.
It's not like one regular dose makes an acute risk, but if you take it very often, or in very high amounts, I'd pick one of the other 2C-X's. Too much iodine can fuck with the production of your thyroid-hormones, important to metabolism.
The maximum allowed daily intake of bromine is about 80 mg I think, so at least that's one less worry with 2C-B than with 2C-I.

To fathom Hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic

Osmium
(Stoni's sexual toy)
08-18-03 12:42
No 454340
User Picture 
      This iodine isn't bio-available since it is...     

This iodine isn't bio-available since it is connected to an aromatic ring.

I'm not fat just horizontally disproportionate.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com

Eduard
(Stranger)
08-18-03 14:55
No 454358
      Check that     

There is that report re-posted at Lycaeum

http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000761

Thoughts

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
08-18-03 16:03
No 454365
User Picture 
      identical urls     

Eduard: What do you mean with "or", seeing that both URL's are identical?

yellium
(I'm Yust a Typo)
08-18-03 17:15
No 454378
      Sorry, I can't see one usenet posting (which...     

Sorry, I can't see one usenet posting (which refers to a second-hand story) as 'evidence' of neurotoxic effects. Compare erowid's 2C-I trip reports to those of 2ct7, and you'll see the differences immediately.

At least the mdma neurotox scare had real monkeys on real mdma.

Prometheuz
(Hive Bee)
08-19-03 12:40
No 454519
      Iodine bioavailability     

Osmium> Thank you, it slipped my mind that halogens are excreted without being removed from the ring.
Is there no system at all for releasing halogens from the ring in vivo? Or is it just the vast majority that remains bound to the phenyl?

To fathom Hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
08-20-03 00:53
No 454595
User Picture 
      Metabolism of 2C-B in the rat     

I have an article somewhere, where they studied the metabolism of 2C-B in the rat, and the only metabolic pathways they found was some 2-demethylation, quite a lot of 5-demethylation, some side chain oxidation and also a few percent being excreted unchanged.

Chimimanie
(Hive Bee)
08-20-03 01:51
No 454600
User Picture 
      Maybee this one? ;-)     

see Post 398852 (Chimimanie: "another CHCl3 formylation", Chemistry Discourse)smile

From the conclusion of the article (Journal of Analytical Toxicology, p61-66, Vol. 26, March 2002) linked above:

From these results, two metabolic pathways for 2C-B in the rat can be postulated, as shown in Figure 14. The first pathway leads to the corresponding aldehyde metabolite by deamination, which is subsequently reduced or oxidized to form the corresponding alcohol and carboxylic acid metabolites (II and III). The intermediate aldehyde-form metabolite was not detected in urine, suggesting that it is rapidly converted to the alcohol or carboxylic acid metabolite. The second pathway leads to the O-desmethyl metabolites (IV and V) by O-demethylation, the amino groups of which are subsequently acetylated to form the O-desmethyl-N-acetyl metabolites (VI and VII).

It is known that some β-substituted ethylamines, such as serotonin, histamine, and mescaline, are also metabolized to the corresponding carboxylic acid and N-acetyl metabolites (7,8). The results in this study indicate that the metabolic pathways of 2C-B are similar to those of these amines.

A preliminary quantitation of each metabolite indicated that O-desmethyl-N-acetyl metabolites (VI and VII) are major metabolites, whereas a small amount of unchanged 2C-B is excreted in urine.

And the bromine stay on ring...

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
08-20-03 12:27
No 454694
User Picture 
      Excretory Profile of 2C-B in the Rat
(Rated as: excellent)

Nope, I was thinking about this article:

Excretory Profile of 4-Bromo-2,5-Dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) in Rat
T. Kanamori, et. al.
J. Health Sci. 49(2), 166-169 (2003) (https://www.rhodium.ws/pdf/2c-b.excretory.profile.pdf)

Abstract
The urinary and faecal metabolic profiles of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) in rat were investigated. Male Wistar rats were administrated 10 mg/kg of 2C-B hydrochloride orally, and the urine and faeces were collected 0-24 and 24-48 hr after administration. The samples were processed by liquid-liquid extraction, and the extracts analyzed by GC-MS after derivatization. The major metabolite excreted into the urine was 5-O-desmethyl-N-acetyl-2C-B, comprising 13.2% of the administrated dose. Other metabolites detected in the urinary extracts were 2-O-desmethyl-N-acetyl-2C-B (5.8%),-2-O-desmethyl-2C-B (3.5%), carboxylic acid compound (1.9%), 5-O-desmethyl-2C-B (1.2%) and an alcoholic compound (0.8%). Only 0.2% of the administrated 2C-B was excreted into the urine in its original form. On the other hand, only 5-O-desmethyl-N-acetyl-2C-B and 2-O-desmethyl-N-acetyl-2C-B were detected in the faecal extracts. The major fraction of the urinary metabolites that contained a hydroxy group were recovered as conjugates.

akdov
(Stranger)
09-07-03 16:30
No 457598
      Collectoion of bad trips, poss health problems?     

Yes, I know this topic is old, but I thought that the information would still be interesting.

This topic was posted on several forums, and some of the statements have been taken from the responses, but I thought it would be useful to bring everything together.

All I can say is that for a while there was a bit of a 2C-I fad among the ravers in Toronto... a lot of people did it many times. Most liked it, some didn't. But none have complained of lasting negative effects, including myself, who used to do it several times a week.'
Same goes for 2C-B and 2C-C... I know people who took three times the Shulgin dose of 2C-C (120mg) and were absolutely fine.
2C-T-2, on the other hand, left me with a severe headache the next day and lingering mental slowness on the order of ecstasy. This suggests that it may be somewhat neurotoxic (but likely safe enough if used properly and sparingly)
From mnmguy @ waka pacha

This was recently posted on USENET, regarding 2C-I. I don't know what public forum the poster speaks of. I don't recall reading this anywhere.

Subject: Report of negative aftereffects of 2C-I
Newsgroups: alt.drugs.psychedelics
Date: 2003-08-08 11:24:20 PST

Someone reported on a public forum that (s)he had suffered 'neural
damage' from 2C-I. I urged him to write a report to Erowid and he said
he'd do it at some point, but meanwhile I thought to mention it here
too. Please note this especially if considering the use of 2C-I.

This person explained on the forum that he had taken 17mg of 2C-I, and
at the comedown point (+5h) suffered muscle tremors and twitches. He
says that now, four months later, some of that twitching still
remains, plus constant jaw clenching etc. He gave a brief account of
his drug use at the time and if he's telling the truth (and I don't
see why he wouldn't be) I think 2C-I looks like the most probable
culprit. He had taken ecstasy a week earlier, and BZP two days
earlier. He also smoked some hash at the 2C-I comedown. I suppose the
BZP might have been a factor here? He has since used these and other
drugs (not 2C-I though) and says that none of these drugs have
excarberated the symptoms, which would also support the hypothesis that 2C-I is the cause of the possible damage.

From cascadia  @ waka pacha

Myron Stolaroff reported that only half of the people given 2C-B even liked it, and that the other half complained of disquieting physical symptoms (granted, he did come up with a somewhat unsatisfying psychosomatic 'explanation' for these). According to Bruce Eisner, Timothy Leary complained of feeling 'poisoned' after taking 2C-B for the first time. There is also a currently unconfirmed report of heart problems subsequent to 2C-B ingestion. I don't regard any of this as proof of anything, but I would be cautious about 2C-B's potential toxicity.

From walkaway @ waka pacha

Preliminary Investigation Into Identification and Quantitation of 2,5-Dimethoxy-n-PropylthioPhenethylamine 
a.k.a. 2C-T-7

Byron Curtis, B.S.1, Linda Harty, B.S.1, Phil Kemp, Ph.D. 1,Chai Choi M.D.1, Gary Sneed, B.S. 1, and Dix Christensen
1Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Oklahoma, 1901 N. Stonewall, Oklahoma City, OK 73117
2 College of Pharmacy, OUHSC

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-n-propylthiophenethylamine the drug commonly known as 2C-T-7, has been sold on the street under the names "Blue Mystic" and "Tweetybird Mescaline". 2C-T-7, a phenethylamine derivative presumably first synthesized in 1986 has structural and pharmacodynamic properties similar to the drugs Mescaline, MDMA, and Paramethoxyamphetamine. In October 2000 a 20-year-old white male presented to the emergency room in full arrest with an account of sudden seizures. Initially gamma-hydroxybutyrate involvement was suspected. Some months later information was provided that reported the use of 2C-T-7 shortly before the incident. Other information also obtained later from witnesses described the decedent as experiencing hallucinations and feeling cold within 20 minutes of insufflating about 35mg of 2C-T-7. After ninety minutes the decedent began having convulsions, vomiting, and bleeding from the nose. Subsequently the decedent stopped breathing during the ride to the hospital and arrived at the emergency room in cardiac arrest. Autopsy results were unremarkable with the exception of pulmonary edema and recent minor abrasions/contusions that were suggestive of convulsions. Routine toxicology screening indicated an unidentified substance in urine that was later identified as 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-n-propylthiophenethylamine using material provided by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Screening was performed using liquid/liquid extraction with split dual column injection on an HP-5890 (GC) with Nitrogen-Phosphorus detectors (NPD). Confirmation was accomplished with an HP-6890GC/HP-5973 MSD.  Quantitation was attempted on an HP-5890 (GC-NPD). Preliminary data are as follows: heart blood 54 ng/ml, femoral blood 100ng/ml, vitreous < 26 ng/ml, brain 340 ng/g, urine 440 ng/ml. This presentation will discuss data obtained thus far, analytical issues, and future efforts to characterize this compound.

http://www.sat-tox.org/sanantonio.html

In contrast to most amphetamines, 2-CB does not seem to deplete brain serotonin concentrations. This suggests that it probably does not share the neurotoxic properties of some amphetamines.

There are no case histories associated with 2-CB use. As to mescaline - a chemically related substance- there are no case reports of fatal accidents either. Because of its resemblance to mescaline and high affinity for serotonin receptors it is expected that 2-CB may stimulate sympathetic activity and thus increase heart rate and elevate blood pressure and body temperature.

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/2cb.htm

2c-t-7

My body temperature fluctuated, and I found myself sweating on a few occasions, and feeling cold at other times.

Once peak effects had begun we went for a walk around town. I felt less body temperature irregularities, although I had tightness in my chest and stomach. This tightness got worse when laying down, and when I sat  up abruptly, it almost turned to nausea.
... and the only remaining aspect was a pounding headache.

From Drew @ erowid

2c-t-7

For the past 5 hours I've felt like this chemical is trying to eat my brain alive. The constant headache is only a reinforcement that I'm still alive
For the next 4 hours his heart beat was hovering around 120 bpm and he kept having dizzy-spells.
Also, such a significant physical aspect to the chemical indicates to me that there may be something toxic at work.

From Harold and Brandon @ erowid

2-cb

Side effects include fatigue, disorientated, anxiousness, cardiovascular disturbances, dehydration. Users may also experience depression, psychotic syndromes, visual illusions, and panic attacks

www.drugstory.org/pdfs/beyond_ecstacy.pdf+2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine+health&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
BEYOND ECSTASY :The Facts About Other Club Drugs

yellium
(I'm Yust a Typo)
09-07-03 18:14
No 457611
      2C-T-2, on the other hand, left me with a...     

2C-T-2, on the other hand, left me with a severe headache the next day and lingering mental slowness on the order of ecstasy. This suggests that it may be somewhat neurotoxic

Oh pu-lease, please get your ideas right before you start spouting nonsense. AFAIK, even those guys from the *scientific* anti-mdma camp don't correlate 'mental slowness the day after MDMA usage' with neurotoxicity. Sure, the people behind DARE do, but they are paid to do so.

Compare this:If you make long hours, you can be exhausted in the weekends, and having trouble concentrating enough to read a newspaper. Does this mean that making long hours is neurotoxic?

Face it: the only way to find out about neurotoxicity is by  getting somebody's brain out. Which is a little bit to invasive for most people. Oh, you can try to let people do some silly tasks (word-reading, adding numbers, whatever) and see if they suddenly have difficulties or longer reaction-times doing those tasks. But such research is tricky, expensive, and the articles that come from such research are often hard to read. Whereas it is much simpler to say 'I've got a headache three hours after taking this compound, so it must be neurotoxic'.

Lilienthal
(Moderator)
09-07-03 19:42
No 457625
User Picture 
      SWIM also experienced heavy headaches directly     

SWIM also experienced heavy headaches directly after the 2C-T-2 effects subsided and throughout the next day, this seems to be a pretty common side-effect, most Erowid trip reports talk about it.

yellium
(I'm Yust a Typo)
09-07-03 20:34
No 457633
      Yup. Same here.     

Yup. Same here.

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
09-12-03 01:42
No 458521
User Picture 
      Studies on the Metabolism of 2C-B (TIAFT '98)
(Rated as: good read)

Studies on the Metabolism of 2C-B (TIAFT '98)
Douwe de Boer, Lesseps .J.A.L. dos Reys - Laboratório de Análises de Dopagem e Bioquímica, Lisboa, Portugal
Mieke Gijzels, Nynke Pilon, Ingrid J.Bosman and Robert A.A. Maes - Department of Human Toxicology, Utrecht Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands

The psychodelic drug 2C-B (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine) is a hallucinogenic phenalkylamine of which the abuse in Europe is increasing significantly during the recent years. Although 2C-B is active at much lower dosages, its physicochemical and pharmacodynamic profile can be compared to that of mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine). In order to be able to detect the abuse of 2C-B by analysing biological specimens, the metabolic pathways of 2C-B were evaluated in this study.

To obtain preliminary information in vitro studies were performed by incubating 2C-B in rat liver homogenates. GC/MS analysis indicated that under these conditions several metabolites were formed. The identity of some these metabolites could be revealed. These results were compared with those obtained from a so-called in vivo study, i.e. drug-of-abuse testing of a urine specimen of a subject abusing 2C-B.

This way the presence of the parent compound and of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenylacetic acid in the urine specimen of the abuser was shown and confirmed using reference standards. Furthermore the formation of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxybenzoic acid and of 4-bromo-5-hydroxy-2-methoxyphenethylamine was indicated by GC/MS.

Considering the known biotransformations of mescaline in humans, it can be concluded that the metabolism of 2C-B in humans follows similar pathways compared to that of mescaline, i.e. oxidative deamination leading to phenylacetic and benzoic acid-like metabolites and O-demethylation of the aromatic methoxy groups.

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
04-13-04 20:21
No 500645
User Picture 
      Human 2C-B Metabolism     

Preliminary Results on the Urinary Excretion of 2C-B (4-Bromo-2,5-Dimethoxyphenethylamine) and its Metabolites in Humans
D. de Boer, L.J.A.L. dos Reys, N. Pylon, M. Gijzels, I.J. Bosman and R.A.A. Maes
British Journal of Pharmacology 127, Suppl. 41P (1999)

4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) is a phenethylamine, which is closely related to mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine). It displays high affinity and selectivity for central 5-HT2 receptors. As 2C-B also binds significantly to 5-HT1a, 5-HT1b and 5-HT1c receptors, it is less selective than the very potent hallucinogenic compounds DOB (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyisopropylamine) or DOM (4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenisopropylamine) (Glennon et al. 1988). It is a potential drug-of-abuse and since recently it is available on the European drug market (Giroud et al. 1998). We analysed some urine samples collected from a 2C-B abuser in order to obtain some preliminary data regarding its excretion in urine.

Urine samples were collected on spontaneous voiding from a male subject abusing 2C-B. The basic and acidic organic fractions were isolated after applying a solid phase extraction at pH 9 and a liquid/liquid extraction at pH 3, respectively. The solvent was evaporated and the respective residues were dried in vacuum over diP2O5/KOH. The residues of the basic extraction were derivatised in a two step reaction with MSTFA followed by MBTFA resulting in N-TFA-O-TMS derivatives. Those of the acidic extraction were derivatised with of a mixture of MSTFA/NH4I/ethanethiol resulting in O-TMS derivatives. The samples were analysed by Electron Ionisation GC/MS. 2C-B was found only in those urine samples collected during the first 3 hours after administration. Urinary concentrations of 2C-B were in the range of 0.3 to 0.7 µg/ml. The presence of some metabolites could also be observed, but the amounts were too small in order to be able to quantify the concentrations with the analytical methods applied. The metabolite identified unambiguously was 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenylacetic acid. Furthermore the formation of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxybenzoic acid and of 4-bromo-5-hydroxy-2-methoxyphenethylamine was indicated by GC/MS.

These results indicate that the metabolism of 2C-B in humans probably follows similar pathways compared to that of mescaline, i.e. oxidative deamination leading to phenylacetic and benzoic acid-like metabolites and O-demethylation of the aromatic methoxy groups (Clarke 1986). As with mescaline the parent compound is excreted in urine as the main compound. The observed urinary concentrations of 2C-B are consistent with the low dose tablets available on the drug market (Giroud et al. 1998).

References:
Glennon R.A., Titeler M. and Lyon R.A. Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 30, 597-601 (1988)
Giroud C., Augsburger M., Rivier L. et al. (1998) J. Anal. Toxicol. 22, 345-354 (1998)
Clarke's Isolation and Identification of Drugs, 2nd Ed. The Pharmaceutical Press, London. pp. 737-738 (1986)

The Hive - Clandestine Chemists Without Borders

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
04-29-04 21:36
No 503813
User Picture 
      The 2C-series of phenethylamine designer drugs

A new trend in drugs-of-abuse; the 2C-series of phenethylamine designer drugs.
de Boer D, Bosman I.
Pharm World Sci. 26(2),110-3 (2004) (https://www.rhodium.ws/pdf/forensic/2c-pea.designer.drugs.pdf)

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: To collect data related to phenethylamine drugs-of-abuse of the 2C-series, to review possible health risks of their use and to discuss legal counter actions of authorities in the European Union (EU). SETTINGS: Dutch smartshops. METHODS: In the period of 1994-2002, all products that were claimed to contain synthetic drugs and sold in the smartshops, were purchased. The contents were analysed using analytical chemical technologies such as gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance. Additionally, using computerised searches in relevant databases and checking cross-references, literature and documents were screened for scientific based information. RESULTS: All purchased products proved to be tablets, of which most of them contained one of the phenethylamine designer drugs 2C-B, 2C-T-2 or 2C-T-7. The different drugs were introduced on the Dutch smartshop market within time intervals of approximately three years. The information that was supplied on leaflets and accompanied the products sometimes appeared to be extensive, but was partly misleading and incorrect. Besides that, scientific based information in respect to health risks of drugs of the 2C-series and the detection of their abuse was scarce. Until now no intoxications have been reported in the EU and no centralised legal actions have been taken to prevent possible intoxications. CONCLUSIONS: The lack of observed intoxications may justify the absence of legal actions in the EU against phenethylamine designer drugs-of-abuse of the 2C-series. However, this may also be explained by either the inability of toxicologists to detect the abuse of substances of the 2C-series or the unawareness of the phenomenon of these drugs. Therefore, EU authorities should promote the availability of relevant standards, validated assays and scientific knowledge regarding these drugs.
____ ___ __ _

4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B): A review of the public domain literature.
Cole M.D,Lea C and Oxley N.
Science & Justice 42(4), 223-224 (2002) (https://www.rhodium.ws/pdf/2c-b.review.pdf)

The Hive - Clandestine Chemists Without Borders

7is
(Hive Bee)
08-28-04 16:33
No 527970
User Picture 
      2C-B metabolism

Metabolic pathways of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B): analysis of phase I metabolism with hepatocytes of six species including human
Helena Carmo , Jan G. Hengstler, Douwe de Boer, Michael Ringel, Fernando Remião, Félix Carvalho, Eduarda Fernandes, Lesseps A. dos Reys, Franz Oesch and Maria de Lourdes Bastos
Toxicology Article in Press, Corrected Proof

Abstract
4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) is a psychoactive designer drug of abuse that is sold under the street names “Venus”, “Bromo”, “Erox”, “XTC” or “Nexus”. Concern has been raised because only little is known about its toxicity and metabolism in humans. In the present study we incubated 2C-B with human, monkey, dog, rabbit, rat and mouse hepatocytes to identify the metabolites formed and to determine possible toxic effects as evidenced by an ATP assay. Our data allow construction of the main metabolic pathways of 2C-B. Oxidative deamination results in the 2-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-ethanol (BDMPE) and 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenylacetic acid (BDMPAA) metabolites. Additionally, 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxybenzoic acid (BDMBA) can be produced also by oxidative deamination. Further metabolism of BDMPE and BDMPAA may occur by demethylation. Alternatively, the later metabolites can be generated by demethylation of 2C-B followed by oxidative deamination. Two remarkable interspecies differences in metabolism of 2C-B were observed (i) a hitherto unknown metabolite, 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxy-phenol (BDMP), was identified after incubation only with mouse hepatocytes; (ii) 2-(4-bromo-2-hydroxy-5-methoxyphenyl)-ethanol (B-2-HMPE) was produced by hepatocytes from human, monkey and rabbit but not by dog, rat and mouse. Comparing the toxic effects of 2C-B between hepatocytes of the six examined species we observed only minor interspecies differences. However, large inter-individual differences in susceptibility of hepatocytes from three human donors were observed.

aragorn
(Hive Bee)
08-31-04 15:28
No 528516
      SWIM has...     

...  experienced no bad side effects from 2c-b. MDX and especially psyclocyb. induces more unwanted afer effects. 2c-b
seems to act very smooth without discomfort associated to other psychedelics.

Hive bee por vida!

All 24 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org