Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse  

All 10 posts   Subject: AWOL: Alcohol With Out Liquid   Please login to post   Down

homeslice
(Hive Bee)
08-10-04 00:16
No 524501
User Picture 
      AWOL: Alcohol With Out Liquid     

I UTFSE but didn't come up with anything about awol.

http://www.awolmachine.com/

My friend was saying it was a big thing in Europe to huff alcohol. I guess he looked it up and he said it costs 10 bucks for 20 minutes to huff this vaporized alcohol. Any experience with this shit? Its kinda expensive but my friend is lookin into it. He said something about how its going to be illegal in the states soon? I dunno im just paraphrasin what he was sayin so dont ask for sources hehe. smile

"Drugs and akahol have ruiinnned my life..." -Tyrone Biggums

Jubrail
(Introspecter)
08-10-04 04:25
No 524564
      Not that complicated     

Take grain alcohol and pour on bandana.  Inhale deeply while pressing hard to face.  It works.  Also, inhale the fumes of flaming 151.  You get a buzz, maybe the machine is better, but it sounds kinda odd to me.  Just sip a cognac and enjoy your booze.

Rainbows & Butterflies Forever :)

12cheman12
(Hive Bee)
08-10-04 12:19
No 524616
      Yeah i remember a while ago they had a news...     

Yeah i remember a while ago they had a news report on AWOL here in oz.
I guess its just another way of getting the alcohol in your system quicker, just a novelty item, but i definitely wouldnt mind giving it a try.

Your an individual just like everyone else

meme
(Hive Bee)
08-10-04 16:25
No 524646
      Strange habits     

I've hear of people doing similar things with a cool mist humidifier.

homeslice
(Hive Bee)
08-10-04 17:12
No 524652
User Picture 
      first hand     

Has anyone used something like this?

"Drugs and akahol have ruiinnned my life..." -Tyrone Biggums

paranoid
(Quick-witted Quibbler)
08-10-04 23:13
No 524701
User Picture 
      It's not exactly difficult to get drunk by...     

It's not exactly difficult to get drunk by say, um, drinking the alcohol.  Most even consider it a pleasureable experience to do so.

I don't imagine vapourised spirits would have quite the same aesthetic pleasure to it.

My ideal vacation - Juxtaposed along the precipice intersecting reality and fantasy (i.e. wanking).

armageddon
(Hive Bee)
08-22-04 17:31
No 526786
User Picture 
      whack     

Since inhaling is not as effective as drinking/eating stuff in terms of what is metabolized and what leaves the system unchanged: there is really a machine for coating your lungs with an ethanol film? smile

I just thought about the volume of alc present in one beer (~16.5ml), then I imagined that a healthy amount would be breathed out again - so where's the advantage of needing double amount of booze to get high, while not becoming sick stomach-wise but rather fucking up your lung cells with 95%EtOH treatment???

laugh

Another thing that came into my mind: I once noticed that when drinking pure 73% rum, the vapors caused me to kinda fight for breath (not the taste, but the plain vapor filling my throat was the problem) - I wouldn't want to achieve same result by using a special apparatus!

A

Pleased to meet you hope you get my name.
But whats puzzlin you is the nature of my game!

n00dle
(Hive Bee)
08-30-04 20:38
No 528305
      SWIM used an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier...     

SWIM used an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier and some moonshine. SWIM 'smoked' aproximately 6-7 'cones' (complete lungfuls?) of EtOH, got bored, got up and left. No noticable effects. 1 beer would've done more

jsorex
(Hive Addict)
08-30-04 21:09
No 528310
User Picture 
      There is some sort of trick done around here,...     

There is some sort of trick done around here, and I forget how it goes, but you light some glass of really strong alcohol, put it out with cover it with your hand, and then quickly withdraw your had from the glass and the underpressure causes alcohol to evaporate, which you then huff really quickly.

I tried it once when in a bar and some guys that I didn't know were doing it, but I was already insane drunk then, so I cannot remeber much of the experience, except that it was dumb.

Oh yeah, realting to the 73% Rum, I had 80% Viru Valge vodka in Estonia, and that shit just kills. You absolutely have to rinse it down with something else after that (a glass of water or some 40% vodka tongue) otherwise it burns so bad that you want to puke.

033102beer_1_prv.gif

MarleyBob
(Hive Bee)
08-31-04 14:58
No 528510
      Jsorrex     

...That shit with the fire and puttin it out with your hand reminds me of my last Absinthe expierence...crazy

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country did to you.

All 10 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by QBasic v7.2, 2015 - 2021, TweakerSoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 09-20-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique