Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse  

All 5 posts   Subject: Teens, drugs and learning the science   Please login to post   Down

7is
(Hive Bee)
08-30-04 03:43
No 528205
User Picture 
      Teens, drugs and learning the science     

Learning the Science of Drugs Helps Teens Master Biology, Chemistry:
http://www.drugabuse.gov/NIDA_notes/NNvol19N2/Learning.html

Osmium
(Stoni's sexual toy)
08-30-04 12:02
No 528249
User Picture 
      > Learning the science behind cocaine, drug     

> Learning the science behind cocaine, drug testing, and nerve gas can help
> high school students understand basic biology and chemistry concepts

Drugs, gases of war, rocket engines and explosives is a failsafe way to spark the interest for science in male juveniles. Show them how to make gunpowder at age 12 and they will soon learn all kinds of science shit, like stoichometry and how to convert that into mass ratios and lots of slightly related stuff (ideal gas law for example, oxidation states, physics etc). Introduce them to some simple drug syntheses and they will learn the basics of organic chemistry in no time, IF you make them find most of the information for themselves. Giving them some cookbook won't work, they have to figure most of it out on their own.

BUSH/CHENEY 2004! After all, it ain't my country!
www.american-buddha.com/addict.war.1.htm

Blind_Angel
(Hive Bee)
08-30-04 22:09
No 528318
User Picture 
      Well this is how i started to love chemistry,...     

Well this is how i started to love chemistry, and this is what still keep me in school: my desire to get a master (which is still very far though) in biochemistry or pharmacology (or something related).

/}/_//\//) /-|/\//¬/=/_

karl
(Hive Bee)
08-30-04 23:55
No 528338
User Picture 
      Yes very true Osmium - My interest in science...     

Yes very true Osmium - My interest in science grew after playing around with explosives, in roughly this order,
explosives -> drugs -> chemistry -> mathematics & physics. Never found science in my school interesting enough but if they made a few poisons or bombs I'm sure I would have acheived much better results then.

Fuck the creationists - MC Hawking

gryphon
(Hive Bee)
08-31-04 14:04
No 528496
      Hope it's never too late (to learn)     

Having my first experience of MDxx well into my thirties was the catalyst in seeking a new direction (as far as career is concerned).
I now find that, because I concentrated on accounting and economics at school, the realisation that it doesn't provide the stimulation I get out of chemistry and biology now was positive and negative.  Having no interest in those subjects (including Mathematics) then leaves me in a position of having to learn the fundamentals.  This is essential to fill the void between those basic fundamentals and the more complex (and relevant) aspects of  organic chemistry and biological processes.
But as Unobtanium once said (perhaps not in these exact words), "exploring and researching to find the answers to one thing, invariably leads to discovering so many other things, not expected".
Thus, 'the hive' achieves this purpose in so many ways.  The most significant (for me) being the education of oneself and   what, essentially, you may want in life.

All 5 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by Slutz Forums(TM) V. 1.09, (C) 2020, Paranoia Services Incorporated

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 09-20-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique