Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  3 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Server Room  

All 5 posts   Subject: IE 6 problem?   Please login to post   Down

abominator
(Hive Bee)
09-21-04 20:23
No 532558
User Picture 
      IE 6 problem?     

Here is the deal, after a fresh start (turning on/restart) I can surf the web just fine.  However, IE only works the first time I open it.  If I exit it and put the PC on standby, when I try to open it I get a page not found error.  I am not a veteran with PC's and was wondering what was going on. After thinking it could possibly be a Trojan or some other viri I done a scan and now use ZoneAlarm as my firewall and that has not helped at all.  Can anyone offer any advice?

G

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
09-21-04 22:54
No 532581
User Picture 
      When you power down for standby, it drops your     

When you power down for standby, it drops your network adaptor. Change the power settings in your network card properties.

Milk rots your brain.

abominator
(Hive Bee)
09-22-04 01:20
No 532604
User Picture 
      Will Do     

Thanx for the quick response, do the bees out there consider ZoneAlarm a good firewall?

G69

Lestat
(Hive Bee)
09-22-04 02:33
No 532613
User Picture 
      I use zonealarm, and I consider it pretty...     

I use zonealarm, and I consider it pretty good, I would bee lost without its cache cleaner, although it doesn't do a COMPLETE job of wiping your tracks, other free programs are more than capable of finishing the job, and it gets rid of stuff that the other programs seem to miss toosmile

One thing that does concern me is that it saves permissions of what each website is/is not allowed to do, meaning that websites with questionable legitimacy need to bee deleted from this list ever so often.

Over unity and rivers of blood for all!

Drug_Phreak
(Hive Bee)
09-22-04 05:13
No 532636
      Nowadays Zonealarm = Bloatware.     

Nowadays Zonealarm = Bloatware. Get one of the older (non-bloatware) free versions. Free versions before 2.6.362 had an error that could allow someone to disable it over its own port(s) so keep this in mind.

Crank is part of this complete breakfast.

All 5 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org