Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse  

All 34 posts   Subject: Counter effect the effects of meth   Please login to post   Down

Ascension
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 03:29
No 533504
User Picture 
      Counter effect the effects of meth     

Some type of sleeping pill would be optimum, but swim doesn't have access to any at the moment.
A valium was on its way but now thats not accessible.
Swim was thinking if something like codeine or another OTC substance could be taken to help one sleep or at least slow down a bit?

Whats the advice from some experienced bees in this manner?

And yes swim will head to the doctors when he can and get a prescription for sleeping pills for next time.

Your an individual just like everyone else.

evilscripter69
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 07:13
No 533521
User Picture 
      A LARGE MEAL. . .     

or a large milk beverage should help. weed is a big help too if you have access to some.

Ascension
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 08:28
No 533530
User Picture 
      I guess the large meal is to get your body...     

I guess the large meal is to get your body working on digesting all the food and tiring you out?

Whats the milk beverage for? could any liquid be used say to help dilute the bloodstream or something like that or is milk used for a specific reason?

evilscripter69
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 08:35
No 533532
User Picture 
      milkshake's are best     

try it you will see. Dont know just why but it works. SWIM can be tweaking hard then drinks a milkshake and fall out. it has something to do with the milk, seen this occur in many other people too.

E.S.

fierceness
(Hive Addict)
09-28-04 16:06
No 533573
      food + valerian root (otc in ...     

food + valerian root (otc in grocery/pharmacies) used to help me when I didn't have any xanax or valium around

tina_craig
(Stranger)
09-28-04 16:14
No 533575
      A line of....     

A line of ketamine followed by smoking a big fatty and 1/2 a dose of GHB!!!! Yeah!

Tina Craig worked for me!!

metalgirl
(Newbee)
09-28-04 17:55
No 533594
      milk     

doesn't milk contain tryptophan?....anyhow, it's a mild sedative or something.....

for the moderators: I COULD BE WRONG!!!

Buckshot
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 18:39
No 533601
      food     

I can recall not sleeping for days, trying to eat but unable to because the inside of my mouth was cut up real bad, eventually I forced down 2 bowls of soup and it put me to bed.

Viva la insurgents

psi0nic
(Stranger)
09-28-04 19:43
No 533612
      5htp and phenylalanine     

5htp will help you relax and sleep and phenylalanine will replenish your endegenous phenethylamines. the effects of these supplements is quite dramatic after meth.

indole_amine
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 19:56
No 533615
User Picture 
      food, milk and weed     

Eating a good meal, followed by a healthy milk shake (greetz to Unobtainium! wink) and some pot are the best you can do.

Eating makes your body work and become tired, milk contains tryptophan (true) and also makes your stomach work (and digesting anything will make you tired) and weed - well, you know why it helps...

(GHB is good too, as it suppresses dopamine release quite effective for a while. Downside: the sleep lasts only 5 hours, and if you did a large amount of meth, it may happen that you awake after 5 hours and directly buzz on - just take less next time then...)

indole_amine

jsorex
(Hive Addict)
09-28-04 20:27
No 533620
      alcohol people! alcohol, with food.     

alcohol people! alcohol, with food. The problem is though that when tweaking hard I have no appetite.

033102beer_1_prv.gif

Shane_Warne
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 20:40
No 533627
      promethazine (Phenergan) you have a beautiful...     

promethazine (Phenergan) you have a beautiful long dozy soft sleep. Try 10mg first.

Valerian does work too.

Milk doesn't help me, I wish it would!

MarleyBob
(Hive Bee)
09-28-04 21:23
No 533637
      Prescription sleeping pills     

As far as prescription sleeping pills go, a good alternative to benzos are 'beta blockers'. They are safe, non-habit forming alternatives to sleep/crash on. My friend is prescribed them as a supplement to adderall. I'm not sure how they work but they slow down the cardiovascular system somehow.

I forget the proper name of the drug but in my limited expierence these things actually work.

Anybee know more about these?

Pot is fun.

dwarfer
(esoteric)
09-29-04 00:30
No 533667
User Picture 
      Propanolol, Inderal, etc...     

10mg - 100 for $10.
We are a top XXXXXXXXXn mail order pharmacy
with over 250,000 clients. Fast shipping,
great service. Trust your health
with the industry experts.

Propanolol    
Generic

Class of Drug:
Non-cardioselective b-blockers (beta-blockers).

Formulation:
Tablets, propranolol hydrochloride 10mg, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg.
Capsules, s/r, propranolol 80mg, 160mg.
 Oral solution (syrup), propranolol hydrochloride 5mg/5mL, 10mg/5mL and 50mg/5mL

Clinical Indications:
Hypertension. Prophylaxis of upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with portal hypertension and oesophageal varices. Adjunct in thyrotoxicosis.

Dose:
Adult
Hypertension, initially, 80mg twice daily, increased at weekly intervals as required. Maintenance dose, 160-320mg daily.
Portal hypertension, initially, 40mg twice daily, increased to 80mg twice daily according to heart rate. Maximum daily dose, 160mg.
Thyrotoxicosis, 10-40mg three to four times daily.
Children
Not recommended.

Contraindications:
2nd or 3rd degree AV block, sinus bradycardia, sick sinus syndrome, severe peripheral arterial disease, uncompensated cardiac failure, cardiogenic shock, hypotension, right ventricular failure secondary to pulmonary hypertension, significant cardiomegaly, untreated phaeochromocytoma. Generally contra-indicated in patients with obstructive airways disease or a history of bronchospasm.

Cautions:
Poor cardiac reserve should be controlled with digitalis and diuretics. Diabetes. Metabolic acidosis. Asthenic symptoms. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Atopy. Renal or hepatic impairment, thyrotoxic crisis. General anaesthesia; consider withdrawal before elective surgery. Pregnancy, lactation. Withdraw gradually.

Interactions:
Clonidine withdrawal, verapamil, diltiazem, class II calcium antagonists, class I antiarrhythmics, cardiac depressant anaesthetics, hypoglycaemics, reserpine, other antihypertensives, ergot alkaloids, cimetidine, rifampicin, theophylline, warfarin, CNS depressants, sympathomimetics, indometacin (indomethacin).

Side Effects:
Cold extremities, sleep disturbances, bradycardia, exertional tiredness, bronchospasm, heart failure, hypotension, gastrointestional upset. If unexplained dry eyes or skin rash occur withdraw gradually.

When your manic-depressive extra-marital girlfriend
calls your wife
and tells her all,
and then calls the cops
and says you are the worlds biggest MA cook;
and calls your office and threatens the receptionist?

A beta blocker is good.

when you have to give a speech in front of a large and
unknown group of associates: many of whom know more about the subject of your 45 minute speech than do you?

A beta blocker is good.

Beta blockers suppress the adrenaline-anxiety- jumpy fight/flight effect:
you can fake your speech and not have a knee quiver:
you can take the call from your manic girlfriend
and tell her she is behaving irrationally and childishly, instead of screaming
"YOU DID WHAT?"
into the phone..

but don't take a freaking beta blocker before you are
supposed to play a wicked game of racquetball:

you wanna get charged,
and there ain't NO charge to get.

"Oh lookie, there goes the ball right over there:
hmm hmm: wonder if I should try to get it: Nah: toooo
late." 
"Oh shit, I'm playing shitty.  Oh well, i don't really care all that much.."

"HMM hmm theregoes anudder ball..............."

<LOSER>

Friend says, "Why dwarfer, you aren't playing
all that well today.."

d says, "Oh well."

<LOSER>crazy

dwarfer

metalgirl
09-29-04 00:53
      pure heroin or:
(Rated as: insignificant)

Stan_desCline
(Stranger)
10-01-04 04:09
No 533996
      Best way to crash...     

My acquaintances always swear by the ingestion of opiates. And, being a junkie myself and not a meth user, I can attest to the effect of the sacred poppy. I suggest:   

5-10 mg Hydrocodone
             30-60 mg codiene   depending on tolerance.
                     higher tolerances will need more.

I usually ask.."How Many Lortab/Vicodin/Tylenol 3/Percoset/
Lorcet/Endocet/Oxycontin/Morphine or other narcotic preparation does it take you to get a buzz?" then promptly ingest slightly less than that amount. Most people find the "high" quite stimulating if they've been up several days...That's why you go for less. Same inverse reaction with benzos and barbs. The relaxation is interpreted as euphoria and you'll want to keep going. Use less and that little tickle will usually put you right to bed.

I suffer from reverse paranoia. I think everyone is out to help me.

Xaja
(Hive Bee)
10-01-04 04:42
No 534002
User Picture 
      Hell yes....     

I need to get some help sleeping after a good tweak... I hate lying there day 4 or whatever feeling too fucked to actually do anything productive or useful but unable to crash out...

But you beez better stop that talk of milk, unobs gonna get neurotic if he seez this thread...  shocked

Hey what about chloral hydrate or whatever its called. Easy to synth isn't it? Never been there so don't know really, but read somewhere it knocks you out pretty quick...

Yeah metalgirl... good blast of smack anyday hehehe... problem then is up for another three days partying.. cool

Oh,  Hang on, thats not a problem... cool

***FriedPiper***

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs...

Ascension
(Hive Bee)
10-01-04 12:13
No 534021
User Picture 
      Well swim can tell you that no amount of bud...     

Well swim can tell you that no amount of bud or alcohol will get you to sleep.
One night swim had bout 50mg of meth, smoked a fat joint (swim isnt a smoker so this destroyed him) then had bout 5 beers.
After being completly trashed till bout 4 in the morning and loving it, swim still could not get to sleep, infact did not sleep at all that night.
So bud and alcohol might remove the buz but it wont get you to sleep.

Swim smoked some meth one morning in prep for a big study day, the buz wore off bout 4 oclock, that night he took 30mg of codeine and this did nothing to help him sleep.

Large meals, bud and alcohol may be good to remove the buz but wont get you to sleep.

So i guess one will have to be looking at prescription sleeping pills, stronger opiates maybe, and the beta blockers look like they'll do the trick.
With hydrocodone/codeine combo im guessing the hydrocodone does all the tough work while the codeine helps keep the nausea away.

Thanks guys laugh youse all huge help

indole_amine
(Hive Bee)
10-01-04 13:33
No 534028
User Picture 
      GHB     

It acts as an antidote to dopamine-release/uptake enhancing drugs like meth/amph/coke...

And contrary to opiates/benzo's/etc. you have to take slightly MORE than you would need for a decent buzz - and you WILL sleep, promised...wink

indole_amine

geezmeister
(Of Counsel)
10-01-04 14:04
No 534033
      biofeedback     

You can't sleep on meth?

Hmmm. I recall a time I couldn't. Not a time when I didn't need to, but simply couldn't. EVen now it doesn't occur to me to sleep after I am rested and first take some from a fresh batch.

But by the second day, I have a rule I enforce rather rigorously. I lay down in a dark room, quietly, for two hours at least, and usually four, and rest. I have learned over the years to fall asleep and when I wake, I am refresed and alert.

I have worked with biofeedback therapies several times in my life, however, and use these to help relax and sleep. I learned the techniques originally to deal with severe headaches; later to deal with post traumatic stress disorder and the effects of an excess of adrenalin in the blood stream. It also works well for meth.

I find myself frequently taking a puff of meth before I lay down to sleep. This may sound strange to you, but for me it works. The stimulation allows me to relax through the biofeedback, and helps me be alert and rested when I do wake up.

The lady I live with still has trouble believing I can do some meth and sleep... but as she says, its just one more of the strange things about me...laugh

mostly harmless

Xaja
(Hive Bee)
10-01-04 21:46
No 534071
User Picture 
      Lying down is good     

I don't even go to sleep, but simply lie down for a couple hours on 2nd or third nite, just to relax and let the body catch up a little. Don't want a heart attack before I hit thirty (although it probably gonna happen anyway, the way I live...)

Some sleeping pills are short-acting. i think they are best (dunno what they called can't remember) but once I am asleep I can usually stay that way for few hours. Even couple good to have break, slow the heart rate down a little etc. Short-acting so no lingering effects next day - although sometimes those lingering effects are nice themselves... fuck I'm such a druggie ha ha

I agree on first nite or two, when really wired, nothing at all almost will work. Yeah morphine/heroin overdose, but the 'hangover' effect of too much of that stuff for me is as bad as being fucked up from lack of sleep...

***FriedPiper***

Jade
(soccer mom)
10-02-04 00:43
No 534085
User Picture 
      Shut the motor off.     

Maybe this is something that comes with years of experience or something, but I'm like Geez.  One night is okay to do but I, also, have a rule to at least lie down even if its only 1-2 hours.  I have to be clear of any distractions such as tv, radio, computer, and, especially  another human being to talk to.  If and when I'm ever able to get my mouth to quit running, the rest of my body will usually shut down soon after, as well.  Think that's why they call it motor-mouth?crazy

There's a terrorist behind every Bush.

Prepuce
(Hive Bee)
10-02-04 04:55
No 534105
User Picture 
      Sleep yes, weed no.     

SWIP can also recall a time when there was no way he could sleep with any meth in his system. At least as long as it wasn't accompanied by seconal or the like. Ah, but those days are gone along with the glassy crystals so freely available to all of Al Haig's boys in Deutschland at the time. (SWIP has subsequently never seen the like in terms of euphoria at its outer extremes. Then again, what he has seen doesn't cause him to nearly chew through his tongue, either.)

He would caution about the use of weed to crash, however. Especially if it's been one of those days/nights when you keep tweeking a little more and a little more to see if the buz gland has really shut down. SWIP did that once and nearly landed in the hospital. (Okay, it was more than once, but he'll never do it again.) His heart rate felt as though it was going off the scale, and it was a tense couple of hours indeed, before he began to feel at all better. He has often seen others have similar experiences. Bottom line, weed increases the heart rate and so does meth. SWIP thinks it's a dangerous combination. Like others, he says he can now do a couple of hits and go right to sleep, or not, as he chooses.

PP

LoW_JacK
(Hive Martyr)
10-02-04 06:16
No 534113
User Picture 
      Yeah weed will almost undoubtablly kick in the     

Yeah weed will almost undoubtablly kick in the hallucination factor a few notches. But to sleep one needs either a couple xanax bars, or maybe try smoking a little heroin. That usually does the trick for me.

Might be openning yourself up to a monkey for your back though.

http://www.dodgeit.com

Xaja
(Hive Bee)
10-02-04 07:06
No 534123
User Picture 
      *H*     

SWIX finds heroin revives the whole buzz and intesifies it if taken when 'on the last legs' so to say. When would have crashed within a couple hours for a long snooze, taking some H fuels me for another day or so. Then, once wears off, it really is all over, and there ain't no two ways about it by that point... crazy

Yup that damn monkey... had to deal to the little fucker twice already this year, although mild really considering how nasty the little fucker can get... mad

***FriedPiper***

Maadmike
(Stranger)
10-02-04 15:04
No 534165
      I found a Xanax and a beer or two definately...     

I found a Xanax and a beer or two definately do the job. Sometimes it just put you in a state of dreading doing anything though. I.e. Moving from the lounge to your bed is nearly impossible :)

One thing i have always wondered is how to stimulate myself to get hungry. I always feel like crap in the morning after a hard night on the gear, and i can feel my body screaming out for some food but i just haven't got the appetite. Multi-vitamins usually create a buffer. I remember a old teacher telling me all about the system/hormones that make us hungry...if ony i could remember and find out what releases those hormones, or if its even possible?

Jade
(soccer mom)
10-02-04 16:14
No 534171
User Picture 
      Re: One thing i have always wondered is how to     

One thing i have always wondered is how to stimulate myself to get hungry. I always feel like crap in the morning after a hard night on the gear, and i can feel my body screaming out for some food but i just haven't got the appetite. Multi-vitamins usually create a buffer. I remember a old teacher telling me all about the system/hormones that make us hungry...if ony i could remember and find out what releases those hormones, or if its even possible?

Here is some advice I gave in Post 526612 (Jade: "A few more tips...", The Couch)

Try to eat before using.

Have foods lying around such as fruits, finger foods, etc.  As the day goes by, you’ll stand a better chance at eating.  I know in my experience, I won’t even think about a meal, let alone fix one. However, I will take a bite here and there and receive some nutritional value, at least.  Most of the time, I don’t even realize that I’ve ate it till its gone.   Another thing you might try doing is drink some kind of supplement drink for a meal replacement.

Also, don't forget to drinks plenty of liquids.

There's a terrorist behind every Bush.

LoW_JacK
(Hive Martyr)
10-02-04 18:08
No 534179
User Picture 
      this is true     

eating prior to tweeking is a must. Especially if you have the kind of nitro that will lock your jaw and have your teeth sore from the clinching effect of some properly made dope.

Ascension
(Hive Bee)
10-03-04 04:35
No 534233
User Picture 
      What about lowering ones heart rate with some...     

What about lowering ones heart rate with some medication or burning incense/oils?

This would prob be a good way to help relax.

LoW_JacK
(Hive Martyr)
10-03-04 17:40
No 534289
User Picture 
      Or have some wild untamed sex with your lover.     

Or have some wild untamed sex with your lover.  Thats sure to knock a few dudes out. Some fellas cant be like yours truely and knock it 4 or 5 times before falling out into an extended slumber.

bouncer
(Stranger)
10-05-04 12:13
No 534531
      The best option is of course: GHB.     

The best option is of course: GHB.

Second best are opiates or benzodiazepines (Xanax,Klonopin,Valium)

Alcohol is fine too. Lots of it especially.

Ascension
(Hive Bee)
10-05-04 12:33
No 534533
User Picture 
      I read in other thread here about Melatonin...     

I read in other thread here about Melatonin being a good sleeping aid.

Did some quick looking and its easily obtainable.

Thought i found a quick answer but of course did the research first, came up with this.

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/283/2/630

Abstract
"Melatonin is currently promoted in some countries as an over-the-counter "natural" medication for insomnia and other sleep disorders (UC Berkeley Wellness Letter, 1995). Because insomnia is one of the sequelae experienced by METH abusers, it is conceivable that they may perceive melatonin as a safe sleep-aid (UC Berkeley Wellness Letter, 1996) to overcome the insomnia associated with the "high" experienced during the METH "rush." Moreover, because those who abuse METH are often knowledgeable about the potential neurotoxic effects of METH and its congeners, it is conceivable that they might use melatonin to protect against the possible oxidative neurotoxicity associated with the use of these central nervous system stimulants. Because we report that the neurotoxicity of METH is markedly potentiated when administered with melatonin, the potential implications of this drug interaction are self-evident. It is true that the doses of both METH and melatonin used in this investigation exceed those used by the naive abuser; however, as tolerance develops the dose of METH is markedly escalated and may approach the high doses used in these studies."

So i guess its a no no for Melatonin.

bobcat31467
(Stranger)
10-06-04 12:30
No 534668
      I second that notion.     

As crazy as the old Geez may sound I too will do a good "hit", or smoke a few good pulls off the old glass, and lay down while the effects are still drumming around.  Lo and behold I find myself waking up about 4-5 hours later, fully rested.  (On an occasion..A slight headache), However a cup of Mud(coffee), and it's taken care of.  Believe it or not, one good pull on the pipe ( after a good breakfast), and I "Buzz" off to work.  I have been doin it this way for so long I don't remember when I started doing it.  Now don't get me wrongthere is pleanty of nights like the one just pastLol that I glance up & God Damn it's 5:20 in the morn already.  Hehehehe!  Gotta get ready for work in an hour, and I'll be damned if that little extra time in the kettle didn't enhance the quality of that chili.  Matter I'm still full Or should I say On full? One thing more, I have a saying to some people around me, "gotta eat, gotta sleep, daily.  You wouldn't take your car with an empty tank, and pour that 104+ octaine booster and run around like a bat outta hell, because you know that it would fly like a Sum bitch for about a mile then fry them f****n valves. Right?  Them why run your body round on an empty tank and expect to get 100 miles to the bowlful.  later guys gotta go paint houses, draw pictures, mow lawns, wash cars, oh shit! i'm multi"Twasking" again.  It's great to bee a "Do-bee".

Romper Stomper , Romper Do.  It's Okay to be a "Do" BEE>

epistemologicide
(Hive Addict)
10-07-04 04:08
No 534781
User Picture 
      lowering your pulse     

add burning the pure essential oil of lavendar to the valerian root, and weight training to keep you in synch.

as in the dark room it lowers your pulse, its the time span thats your best bet, ill re send you my mod plan.

make sure you have your dose 7am in the morning after the protein drink (two amminos i told you about)and breakfast.

make sure the sex doesent last more than 3 hours or it will be the next day when you finished (trust me lol)

the thing you want to do is lower your pulse (what the sleeping pills do, well the prescription ones any ways)

swim will show you how to do it like no other 'tweaker' when you visit swim in the near futuresmile

http://217.159.169.126/~creator/public/ZPE/files/consolidated_knowledge.pdf
no more sacred laws

All 34 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org