Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  3 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Methods Discourse  

All 2 posts   Subject: PTC imine reduction question   Please login to post   Down

b00ked
(Stranger)
10-06-04 22:41
No 534747
      PTC imine reduction question     

Is distillation necessary in barium's PTC imine reduction method for an acceptably pure product or can the post A/B toluene solution be directly gassed? I plan on recrystallzing the final product. What yields could one expect with this method? Would a 75% molar yield be too far fetched? I have 600gms MDP2P and am wondering if this method would be prefferable over LapTops. I really don't want to make freebase MeAm nor spend countless hours gassing MeOH. It would take around 5hrs to gas 250gms into the methanol right?

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
10-06-04 23:14
No 534753
User Picture 
      The importance of small-scale trials     

Do not react 600g at once regardless of what method you choose, first perform a trial run using 10 grams or so, to find out exactly what kind of yield you are getting with that particular procedure and particular batch of chemicals, then scale up if you are satisfied.

The Hive - Clandestine Chemists Without Borders

All 2 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org