Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Server Room  

All 7 posts   Subject: MSN service unavailable?   Please login to post   Down

Lestat
(Hive Bee)
10-11-04 14:56
No 535355
User Picture 
      MSN service unavailable?     

SWIM is having some problems, with his MSN account, quite suddenly it started refusing to sign in, with zero diagnostic information, it once said that the service is unavailable, but SWIM frequently gets this due to his router fucking about.

SWIM has not installed any programs, visited any websites other than the hive/Rhodium, and a few other websites definately knownj not to contain spyware or other crap within the last few days, since the problm started so that is definately not the cause of this, any help would bee much appreciated

There are no error messages, with the exception of that one time, it just tries to sign in for a very long time, then gives up with no clue as to what caused it, windows messenger beehaves in a likewise infuriating mannermad

Has any other bee had similar problems which would suggest the severs at the MSN end are FUxx073D, or any idea of what could cause problems like this with MSN messenger?

Over unity and rivers of blood for all!

TheHitMan
(Newbee)
10-11-04 16:58
No 535368
      MSN is spyware in it's self!     

MSN is spyware in it's self! Delete/remove ASAP!

Google for "MSN service status".

Lestat
(Hive Bee)
10-11-04 17:12
No 535371
User Picture 
      I can't really remove MSN, I would if I could,     

I can't really remove MSN, I would if I could, but its the only way I can communicate with many of the people I knowfrown

you say MSN is spyware, I don't doubt that in the slightest, but any info on the information it leaks, or other problems it causes, apart from being micro$oft shite?

MargaretThatcher
(Hive Bee)
10-11-04 18:10
No 535376
User Picture 
      Gaim     

Lestat, don't be a gonk, use gaim:

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Get all the vampires using it and then you can migrate off MSN to jabber.

Are you, or have you ever been a Liberal? YES / NO

Drug_Phreak
(Hive Bee)
10-13-04 00:37
No 535594
      Trillian connects to all the major IM networks     

Trillian connects to all the major IM networks ad IRC; it's secure, skinable, and has a lot of other nice features. Go here to get it: http://www.trillian.cc/. For really sensitive conversations I would only use Hush Messenger or iGo Incognito. Also, I've had similar problems with MSN IM in the past. One time I found out it was ZoneAlarm. Do you use ZoneAlarm? If so, even if you tell it that MSN IM can connect to the Internet and the LAN sometimes you need to shut it down and reopen it... then open MSN IM. You can also try repairing it from Add/Remove if you haven't done so already. These things worked for me and hopefully they will work for you.

Crank is part of this complete breakfast.

Lestat
(Hive Bee)
10-13-04 16:14
No 535671
User Picture 
      Trillian blows some major goatage, SWIM used...     

Trillian blows some major goatage, SWIM used it to get round some filtering software annoying him at college, and it is utterly lame, and utterly shite, it is beyone useless.

I did repair MSN, the servers are back up, and I havent had any further problems other than the usual random disconnections whilst playing runescape onlinelaugh

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
10-13-04 16:30
No 535673
User Picture 
      can you elaborate     

I've used trillian in the past and never had a problem with it. It didn't suck a year ago. What's changed?

Milk rots your brain.

All 7 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org