Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse  

All 9 posts   Subject: DHC Continus time-release...   Please login to post   Down

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-12-04 18:01
No 535550
      DHC Continus time-release...     

..contrary to popular belief, crushing them does not remove all time release, just makes it absorb slightly faster. I read on another set of forums (would it be okay to link to the topic?) that it uses an 'ion-exchange' mechanism for it's time release, and that letting it sit in a solution of washing soda would work, but that it'd afterwards have to be neutralized with lemon/some type of citrus juice.

However, I don't want to go to that trouble, and am scared that I'd somehow screw up and not put in enough to neutralize it, and the washing soda (sodium bicarbonate) would kill my stomach.

Does anyone have any ideas?

So differently divine...

Newton
(Hive Bee)
10-13-04 00:28
No 535593
      Sodium bicarbonate uses     

How much sodium bicarbonate are you going to use?
One tablespoon should be more than sufficient to base
a couple of pills.
From personal experience, I can assure you that one
tablespoon of sodium bicarbonate is a perfectly safe dose
to ingest orally. It is commonly taken against heartburn
 (over-acidic conditions in the stomach, that is).
Or you could get some pH-strips at your local pharmacy
(availability depending on your country of residence) to check
that you have completely neutralized the pill/bicarbonate solution.

EDIT: got something mixed up. You can ingest a tablespoon of
baking soda (sodium bicarbonate/ NaHCO3), but don't try
it with washing soda (sodium carbonate/Na2CO3).

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-13-04 02:01
No 535599
      Yeah, I was wondering if baking soda or ...     

Yeah, I was wondering if baking soda or antacids crushed would make a decent substitute though.

I don't need to remove all of it, just some...

So differently divine...

Murple
(Hive Bee)
10-13-04 04:16
No 535608
      Its just some sort of wax that dissolves at a...     

Its just some sort of wax that dissolves at a fairly low temperature (for example, your stomach). When I used opiates and had plenty of those 60mg DHC pills, I'd crush & toss them into a shotglass full of water that I'd microwaved. They would dissolve pretty completely, putting the DHC into solution. While I have no scientific data on how thoroughly this bypassed the time release, I can say that it made the DHC kick in several times faster and stronger.

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-30-04 23:04
No 538814
      Good point. The guy said that the ion-exchange     

Good point. The guy said that the ion-exchange resin, when combined with either an acid or base, would, depending on whether it was an acid or base, combine with the resin and leave the DHC by itself, or combine with the DHC and leave the resin alone. I think that's what he meant.

But yeah. And I assume the heat wouldn't destroy the opiates? How volatile/fragile/whatever are opiates/ioids (specifically, obviously, DHC)? I guess I'll just make sure to not get it too hot.

And would you recommend then adding crushed antacids to the water before microwaving, and then letting the DHC sit in it for awhile, or should the heat melt down/whatever the resin good enough?

=/

I still haven't been able to find any info on this ion-exchange resin on Google or anything. If it works so well, why don't the oxycontin people use it? Even if it is patented/secret, I'm sure they could come up with something similar...

So differently divine...

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
10-31-04 02:19
No 538848
      because people bang oxys     

and that wouldnt keep peole from getting fucked up. the "ionic resins" do not bind to the opiod receptors and inhibit fuck-upness, like narcan or naloxone. the new mix with the naloxone defenitly keeps anybody from abusing those things. frown
im pretty sure im spelling naloxone wrong; i know there is a t in there somewhere.

diacetylmorphomaniac

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-31-04 22:33
No 538962
      I'm also assuming that dihydrocodeine is a...     

I'm also assuming that dihydrocodeine is a prodrug (DHC itself is significantly less active than its metabolites), so using grapefruit juice with it would be pointless?

I found one study so far claiming that it's not a prodrug, 'contrary to popular belief', but they also only prevented metabolism to dihydromorphine via CYP2D6, and did nothing at all to stop nordihydrocodeine formation (which, despite what you'd think/expect, has been found to be the MORE active metabolite).

So differently divine...

Anansi
(Hive Bee)
11-03-04 00:58
No 539290
      naloxone / naltrexone ?     

jboogie "im pretty sure im spelling naloxone wrong; i know there is a t in there somewhere."

You are spelling naloxone correctly. Naltrexone is a very similar molecule (also a mu-antagonist), perhaps you had the two confused?

...Anansi

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
11-03-04 01:16
No 539299
      yes...     

your 100 percent correct... i realized this after reading some pharm stuff(i like to do that sometimes) yesterday. thanks for catching that. good eye.wink

Don't you think if I had something intelligent to say, it would bee in my post?

All 9 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org