Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Newbee Forum  

All 7 posts   Subject: Newbee Q:Recrystallization and Yield   Please login to post   Down

spunky366
(Stranger)
10-22-04 03:40
No 537068
      Newbee Q:Recrystallization and Yield     

Im a newb and wondering if recrystalization effects the yield.crazy   I don't want to poison my friends but at the same time i'd like to have a good yield. Talkin about mdma crystals. Would be greatful if any one with experience would reply.

its not what u do but why u do it.

indole_amine
(Hive Bee)
10-22-04 06:31
No 537091
User Picture 
      not really     

I have no experience with it, but I can say that the yield of pure substance will be smaller when reXtalization is done; the overall yield stays almost the same (almost always some small mechanical losses will occur). But after a recrystallization, you have a smaller than original amount of clean MDMA.HCl and a small portion of impure MDMA.HCl, dirtier than before. But you can always recrystallize this small crappy amount again, and then again... until it isn't worth the work and solvents anymore.

indole_amine

Bond_DoubleBond
(Hive Bee)
10-22-04 12:51
No 537139
      damned public schools...     

affects, NOT effects

the former is a verb, the latter is a noun.

biffman
(Hive Bee)
10-22-04 22:24
No 537210
      Damned public schools....     

Thanks Bond_DoubleBond for giving me a good chuckle here.  My sentiments exactly.
 In response to spunky366, if you've been conscientious about your procedure throughout the synthesis (doing the necessary A/B and final vacuum distillation of the freebase, etc.) recrystallization really is not necessary.
  Although it is always fun.

nuke
(Stranger)
10-23-04 00:51
No 537232
      Re: Damned Public School     

Effect is a transitive verb too, look it up in a dictionary...yield is the direct object, so it's being used correctly there.

indole_amine
10-24-04 02:24
      great or grate...
(Rated as: off-topic)

Bond_DoubleBond
10-28-04 10:03
      In training . . . ??!!!
(Rated as: off-topic)

All 7 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by Linux® V. 0.09.3, (c) 2023, Portrait of Poverty Society Asia. Protected by international patents.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 05-15-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique