Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Law and Order  

All 6 posts   Subject: Scheduling of 2C-T-7   Please login to post   Down

OrganicChemGuy
(Stranger)
10-26-04 02:03
No 537816
      Scheduling of 2C-T-7     

2C-T-7 was emergency scheduled, which made it a controlled substance for a probationary one year period of time.  When that year was up, they gave a final 6 month extension to the scheduling.  That is now up and they have not permanently scheduled it, does that mean that 2C-T-7 (along with BZP and TFMPP) are now unscheduled?

meme
(Hive Bee)
10-26-04 18:10
No 537940
      TFMPP Legal, not so lucky for 2ct7     

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2004/fr0318.htm

The DEA has gathered and reviewed the available information regarding the pharmacology, chemistry, trafficking, actual abuse, pattern of abuse and the relative potential for abuse for 2C-T-7, BZP and TFMPP. The Administrator has submitted these data to the Assistant Secretary for Health, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). In accordance with 21 U.S.C. 811(b), the Administrator also requested a scientific and medical evaluation and a scheduling recommendation for 2C-T-7, BZP and TFMPP from the Assistant Secretary of DHHS. On March 10, 2004, the Acting Assistant Secretary for Health recommended that 2C-T-7 and BZP be permanently controlled in Schedule I of the CSA. However, under recommendation of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and a scientific evaluation of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the DHHS did not recommend control of TFMPP. Accordingly, TFMPP will no longer be controlled under the CSA after March 19, 2004.

I'm not sure if there very many things have ever been unscheduled . . . makes you think that TFMPP really sucked, eh?  The full statement mentioned CCLE indirectly:

The DEA received one comment from an organization in response to the proposed placement of 2C-T-7, BZP and TFMPP into Schedule I of the CSA. This organization did not support the proposed placement of these drugs into Schedule I on the following basis: (1) They felt insufficient data exists to support placement into Schedule I as the mere use of these substances was not abuse and (2) Prohibiting the possession of these substances is a substantial infringement of the fundamental right of adults to freedom of thought. Both the DEA and the DHHS have found that sufficient scientific, trafficking and abuse data, as summarized herein, does exist to place 2C-T-7 and BZP in Schedule I of the CSA on a permanent basis. As these substances have no legitimate medical use in the U.S., the trafficking in, and use by individuals for the psychoactive effects they produce, is considered abuse. In addition, the control of these substances in Schedule I of the CSA does not violate any legally protected right.

Don't you just love the feeling of your freedom's just melting away?  I really thought 2ct7 was cool, for the record, and that the synergy it experianced with mdma-esq compounds was quite unreal.

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-26-04 19:09
No 537950
      Re: As these substances have no legitimate...     

As these substances have no legitimate medical use in the U.S., the trafficking in, and use by individuals for the psychoactive effects they produce, is considered abuse.

Caffeine has no medical effect either. Any bronchodilation/etc. effect pales in comparison to far more effective drugs for such with no side effects. Let's make caffeine illegal.

And as far as a legally protected right.... I don't even want to go there. Must every freedom be explicitly spelled out in the constitution?

So differently divine...

methyl_ethyl
(Guardian)
10-26-04 21:59
No 537974
User Picture 
      caffeine     

Caffeine has no medical effect either

That being said caffeine is an active ingredient listed in many prescription and OTC drug preparations.

regards,

m_e

Unipolar Mania, It's good for life... laugh

psychokitty
(«»)
10-27-04 03:10
No 538032
      That's a bold statement     

As these substances have no legitimate medical use in the U.S., the trafficking in, and use by individuals for the psychoactive effects they produce, is considered abuse. In addition, the control of these substances in Schedule I of the CSA does not violate any legally protected right.

So basically, what these assholes are saying is that because the drugs are popular, law enforcement now has a right to throw people in jail just for using them?  Popularity and mere use of "psychoactive substance" = abuse?

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
10-27-04 21:01
No 538144
      Yeah, mainly for vasoconstrictive properties,...     

Yeah, mainly for vasoconstrictive properties, or with codeine products to limit their abusability. Or because it's cheap. I dunno.

You know what I mean/what my point was. I was too lazy to come up with a good example. wink

So differently divine...

All 6 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by the Holy Grail v.4.17.2, © 2022, MicroBrain. All rights reserved.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 05-06-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique