Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  0 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Newbee Forum  

All 8 posts   Subject: sugar fiend   Please login to post   Down

smokewonder
(Stranger)
10-31-04 17:28
No 538928
      sugar fiend     

i have noticed ever since i have been doing meth, my craving for sugar had increased severely. I swear to god i eat like 3 dollars worth of 5 cent candies a day![shocked. Although i have always had somewhat of a sweetooth, it was never this bad. any info is appreciated

there is nothing i could say that i havent thought before

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
10-31-04 18:48
No 538939
      mmmm, sugar!     

ive found when you get fucked up on a somewhat regular basis, you resort to eating lots of junk. i used to eat more candy than anyone i know. since i got off the tech and skitts i hardly eat candy at all. your body knows what it needs. ever get salt cravings? same kinda thing, but im not a dietician or anything.

diacetylmorphomaniac

bong
(Newbee)
11-03-04 07:46
No 539390
      The following is only my personal think.     

The following is only my personal think. I am not a professional. I think because when you are on meth, the meth acts as an energy boost for your body. When your body doesn't have it, you just need some sugar to keep giving you energy.
I am not a doctor or any professional of biology, but I think it might be what it is.

spaceman1964
(Newbee)
11-03-04 15:23
No 539442
User Picture 
      Swis has........     

this same problem and doesnt know why.  he had never enjoyed sweets (even as a young bee), until he became a regular user.  once he stopped (15yr hiatus) the sweet tooth left.  he then started again, and he'll be damned, craves sugar (in his case ice-cream..... the dairy sort) by the truck load!!!! go figure, cause he canttongue

may the meth godz smile upon me or i shall sleep long time

syschk
(Stranger)
11-03-04 19:44
No 539481
      mmmm sugar     

swim has never met a bee that didn't crave sugar. Almost all are on chocolate kick, including swim.

smokewonder
(Stranger)
11-04-04 00:42
No 539537
      re:     

"swim has never met a bee that didn't crave sugar"

well can anyone explain the sugar cravings? there must be someone who knows .....

there is nothing i could say that i havent thought before

n00dle
(Hive Bee)
11-04-04 14:52
No 539657
      Bees depelete their level of seratonin and...     

Bees depelete their level of seratonin and stuff like that. (obviously for fun!)

Tryptophan/5-hydroxy tryptophan help build these sorts of neruochemicals back up.

So this is two fold - chocolate (which is sugary) has lots of tryptophan, so it's probably your body telling you you're low on seratonin or whatever, and requiring precursors.

Second fold, tryptophan is one of the most unefficiently used amino's in the body. Therefore you need the most of it.

Add to this the fact that tryptophan has a nasty habit of sticking to the walls of your vein. Sugar helps knock tryptophan off your vein walls and back into your bloodstream.

Hope this clears things up.
(flames welcome if i'm talking sh*t)

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
11-04-04 15:04
No 539664
      hmmm?     

Add to this the fact that tryptophan has a nasty habit of sticking to the walls of your vein. Sugar helps knock tryptophan off your vein walls and back into your bloodstream.
not beeing rude, but this sounds a little fishy. do you have any refs for that assumtion? the rest sounded good. i just get a little wary when a scientific explaination includes terms like "sticks to the walls of your veins" and "sugar knocks it off". just curious.

Don't you think if I had something intelligent to say, it would bee in my post?

All 8 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org