Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Couch  

All 5 posts   Subject: Weee! TC got accepted to university today!   Please login to post   Thread expires   Down

Trenchcoat
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 01:41
No 540537
User Picture 
      Weee! TC got accepted to university today!     

I'm so happy! Biochem major ;-) This has been a dream of mine for several years. I start in January!

Better loving through chemistry.

xMOJOx
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 03:04
No 540549
      Congratulations!     

I had the same feeling a year and a half ago, give or take a few lost weekends.laugh It will be partying Valhalla for a while, if you wish it to be, and will tend to suck hairy balls toward the end, but stick it out. That fancy piece of paper IS worth it, believe me. It opens doors that otherwise would have forever remained, well, not open. But you get my drift.tongue Biochemistry, eh? Be sure not to take Organic IV, or your local equivalent thereof before 10:00 A.M. Trust me on this one...

xMOJOxsmile

I guess this'll be my signature this time! Nifty, ain't it?

methyl_ethyl
(Guardian)
11-09-04 03:10
No 540551
User Picture 
      Congrats     

Congrats!!!!

Biochemsitry is very interesting, the possibilities are endless, waste no time researching what you will study in regards to your masters thesis, and let that set the stage for your dissertation. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I feel as if you are a "non-traditional" student.  If this is true I think this is very good.  So many students that go directly into a program from high school get absolutely nothing from their undergraduate studies, (myself included crazy)  I have the opportunity to work with recent college grads in biochem, chem, and bio, from my experience I feel as if they would have learned more if they skipped out on college the first few years and actually gained industry experience, and discovered what their true love really was.  On the other hand, perhaps that is what undergraduate studies really accomplishes.  Four years of fucking off so you can enter the industry you blindly chose with your feet on the ground (somewhat).  Then you can grow up after your four years of partying, and laziness. 

To each their own,

Best of luck to you, and my most heartfelt congratulations on your acceptance.

methyl_ethyl

Unipolar Mania, It's good for life... laugh

Xaja
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 06:27
No 540587
User Picture 
      Excellent     

Congrats!!

and Good luck!!! coolcoolcool

Hey, some advice: if your maths is not too hot, start working on it if you plan to take physical chemistry or physics...  I had real struggle with this, as an adult student I hadn't done much maths for a little while and it was pretty daunting for a while there...

**FriedPiper**

paranoid
(Quick-witted Quibbler)
11-09-04 06:35
No 540590
User Picture 
      Good job Trenchcoat. Now comes the tough part.     

Good job Trenchcoat.  Now comes the tough part.  This will probably be the best and worst four (or more) years of your life.  No matter what, don't completely give up on a social life for school.  And more importantly, be sure to make new friends.  One of my best friends to this day is a guy I met in my first year of my undergrad.  We saved each other's emotional lives a few times that year, and in many more afterwards.

My ideal vacation - Juxtaposed along the precipice intersecting reality and fantasy (i.e. wanking).

All 5 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org