Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Couch  

All 8 posts   Subject: acid leaked from railroad car   Please login to post   Thread expires   Down

crazeddreams
(Stranger)
11-09-04 06:41
No 540595
      acid leaked from railroad car     

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Nov 08, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- A leaking Union Pacific Railroad car spilled super phosphoric acid across 11 Iowa counties from Cedar Rapids to Council Bluffs near U.S. Highway 30.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources Sunday warned the public to avoid the length of track affected by Saturday's spillage, which ran through Linn, Benton, Tama, Marshall, Story, Boone, Greene, Carroll, Crawford, Harrison and Pottawattamie counties, the Des Moines Register reported Monday.

Super phosphoric acid is a highly corrosive black liquid that causes severe burns to any area of contact.

The leaking container contained 12,973 gallons of the acid. It is not known how much of the acid was lost.

damn, what a waste

Little_fat_boy
(Newbee)
11-09-04 20:10
No 540687
      that would have....     

that would have been useful to know yesterday when i was in iowacrazy

hypo
(Balanced Ego)
11-09-04 20:28
No 540690
      and in other exciting news...     

...a bag of rice leaked in peking, china.tongue

HΨ=EΨ

Captain_America
(Über-Führer die Ironie)
11-09-04 20:36
No 540692
      sodium     

it's better than liquid sodium coming your way.. Imagine the worker's face expression? there is nothing you can do but hope to die as quick as possible...

http://www.junkmusik.com/junkvideo.mov

fnord
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 21:02
No 540695
User Picture 
      could this have been a fellow bee?     

could this have been a fellow bee trying o get his supply of honey? maybe recanising the CAS numbers on the side of the train?

fume hoods are for pussys

hypo
(Balanced Ego)
11-09-04 21:25
No 540698
      blech     

seems like some people don't know what super phosphoric acid actually is...

HΨ=EΨ

Blind_Angel
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 05:05
No 540746
User Picture 
      i know what phosphoric acid is, not super...     

i know what phosphoric acid is, not super phosphoric

/}/_//\//) /-|/\//¬/=/_

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 06:22
No 540753
User Picture 
      bad idea...     

could this have been a fellow bee trying o get his supply of honey?

like the guy who wanted diagrams on how to open the valves on tanker trucks? i cant remember who that was...

these jackasses who live a little north of swijb were fuckin with the valves on a train that was parked on the tracks. they opened it and fuckin cane syrup, just like karo (sorry bout the source, hehe) syrup, started pourin out. so the dumb fuk went and got some five gallon buckets so they could keep it! the police just followed the trail of syrup back to their trailerlaugh and arrested them for numerous charges. bacardi eventully pressed charges and made them pay for a full tanker of syrup cause the dumb fucks never shut the valve. they thought it would bee funny to see syrup everywhere...

Don't you think if I had something intelligent to say, it would bee in my post?

All 8 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org