Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Couch  

All 9 posts   Subject: ITS JUST FUCKING SPAM!!!!!!   Please login to post   Thread expires   Down

Precursor2112
(Hive Addict)
11-10-04 00:31
No 540718
      ITS JUST FUCKING SPAM!!!!!!     

Convicted Spammer's Bail Set at $1M

(AP) - Bail was set at $1 million Monday for a North Carolina man awaiting sentencing in the nation's first felony prosecution of illegal distribution of junk e-mail, or spam. Prosecutors had argued that Jeremy Jaynes of Raleigh is too great a flight risk to be allowed bail, saying he's been squirreling away parts of his $24 million fortune in foreign bank accounts and faces up to nine years in prison.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&e=6&u=/ap/20041109/ap_on_hi_te/spam_trial_3

Firstly lemme just say that i have no connection to the spam  business and lately, there seems to be a spammer emailing that doesn't even speeek english,  

DAMN a million dollars bail????

When did we become such a bunch of reactionary yahoos???

"Do Bee, Do Bee, DO!"

StraightEdge
(Hive Addict)
11-10-04 00:34
No 540719
      stupid law     

By that logic, why don't we turn unsolicited phone calls into a felony?

I mean they are pretty fucking annoying, but throwing people in jail? That seems a bit harsh.

abolt
(Comandante A)
11-10-04 01:05
No 540720
User Picture 
      Behind the fine print     

I mean they are pretty fucking annoying, but throwing people in jail? That seems a bit harsh.

The real reason for this is that Spamming can also be a politically subversive act.

Think about it.wink

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN MINORITY

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
11-10-04 01:14
No 540722
User Picture 
      too light a sentence     

If there was any justification at all for keeping the death penalty, it would be as punishment for spamming.

If the guy made $24 million off of his spam campaign, he should loose every penny, spend the rest of his life in jail, and have his balls sawed off so there is no possible danger he might reproduce.

Telemarketers should be shot too. I get no less than 10 solicitations a week. Usually more. They even call after hours on Sundays.

These fuckers have the nerve to play a recording when I pick up the phone asking ME to call THEM for some important news. Fuck, if you're going to disturbe me with an unsolicited offer at dinner time, the least you can do is put a live human on the phone for me to bitch at.

Does this actually work? Are there old ladies in Florida who call those people back thinking it's a really important message? Has there ever been a Department of Important Notifications that calls people and informs them of things individually?

Now they've started leaving recordings on my answering machine telling me I've been preapproved to refinance my home, which is strange because I rent; or that I've won a vacation somewhere, or selling carpet cleaning services.

The very worst is telco telemarketers. They are fucking relentless. There is no scum on earth lower than a telco telemarketer. I place them about 10 notches below Bush's festering ass boils. I would personally sign and deliver to Congress a petition for legislation allowing the hunting, killing, and stuffing of telco telemarketers. The herd at MCI (the worst of the worst) seems to need a little thinning.

The "no call" list that was invented a few years ago is completely worthless. No one obeys it, and nothing gets done to penalize people if you complain.

Each tesicle should then be put inside separate space capsules and launched in different directions.

geezmeister
(Of Counsel)
11-10-04 01:34
No 540726
      When I get those calls...     

I always tell them I will get the person they need to speak with... then put the phone down for about a minute and a half. I then pick it up and say... "They'll be right here.." and then put the phone back down.

mostly harmless

Precursor2112
(Hive Addict)
11-10-04 11:24
No 540803
      What most people don't understand     

That "Telemarketing" is one of the few jobs left in this feeble economy...

Come on guys?  1 million dollars bail?

I knew a spammer, hated this spammer, this spammer became CIO..(and my boss),  I, STILL want to do GRIEVOUS BOdly injury to this muthafuka...hate him like I'd hate an arch enemy ...

(as a delightfuly blurb of self-interest did check the artical to see if it was him... :)  )

But a Million Dollars???

We've (the Usa collective) have gone mad....

oh and another thing dont go to virgina...

don't seem like they have the widest of minds there...

"Do Bee, Do Bee, DO!"

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
11-10-04 11:55
No 540805
User Picture 
      He should be strapped naked to a fire ant ...     

He should be strapped naked to a fire ant colony and covered with maple syrup.

What would a suitable bond be for someone with $24 million? $500?

Do you even understand the concept of bail money? He gets it back if he goes to court. Its purpose is to be set high enough that a person will not jump bail, but not too high that they can not feasably pay it. A person with $24 million can easily afford $1 million.

Milk rots your brain.

buz
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 14:18
No 540825
      "sawing off balls"??!!     

unob,
nobody ever has their balls sawn off.
the back and forth motion of the saw would bee very messy.

i can't imagine having my balls sawn off, or for that matter, sawing off the balls of another male.
even for farmers, this would bee barbaric.

please chose a different tool

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
11-10-04 14:26
No 540827
User Picture 
      You have to freeze them first     

I volunteer to saw the ball off any spammer brought before me.

That's what the little saw on a Swiss army knife was invented for.

All 9 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by Insomnia(TM) Release 1.15, Copyright 2015, Swedish Chef Fanclub Solutions United. Patents pending.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 05-20-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique