Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

Russian HyperLab Thread:    Forum index  Next

All 4 posts   Subject: The 'Rhodium Needs Assistance' Thread   Please login to post   Down

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
07-06-04 18:38
No 517778
User Picture 
      The 'Rhodium Needs Assistance' Thread     

Hi comrades!

I wonder if anyone here could find the following GBL synthesis article for me, and if the reaction is not a gas-phase reaction (but rather liquid-phase) then I'd be very glad if you could retrieve it and translate the experimental part for me: 1,4-Butanediol =CuO=> γ-Butyrolactone (96%), Usb. Khim. Zh. (1) 49-51 (2000)

If someone has got the time, I would become a very happy Rhodium if the following classic Leuckart amphetamine articles (uploaded by Azole) could be translated into English. I intend to feature them on my page (everybody emails me about my site lacking any Leuckart syntheses of amphetamine, but the fact is that no such articles has been published in Western Europe), and because of that I would be very glad if I could have them translated in their entirety, only omitting fully useless sections like elementary analyses and any preparations of unrelated compounds if there are any.

Synthesis of β-Phenylisopropylamine (Phenamine)
O. Yu. Magidson and G. A. Garkusha, Zhurnal Obshchei Khimii (J. Gen. Chem. (USSR)), 11, 339-343 (1941).

A New Method for the Preparation of 1-Phenyl-2-aminopropane
B. R. Bobranskii and Ya. V. Drabik, Zhurnal Prikladnoy Khimii (J. Appl. Chem. (USSR)), 14, 410-415 (1941).

Thanks in advance!

The Hive - Clandestine Chemists Without Borders

azole
(A Truly Remarkable HyperLab Bee)
07-08-04 10:05
No 518148
      Uzb. Khim. Zh.: BDO-->GBL (gas-phase)
(Rated as: good read)

Unfortunately, the reaction was conducted at 280-380 °C; the optimal temperature was found to be 320 °C. Since the b. p. of BDO is 229 °C, this must be a gas-phase reaction.

Catalytic Synthesis of γ-Butyrolactone
N. T. Kadyrova et al.
Uzb. Knim. Zh.
, 2000(1), 49-51.

(article in Russian)

Antoncho
(Official Hive Translator)
07-20-04 14:30
No 520416
      Irrelevant parts?     

omitting fully useless sections like elementary analyses and any preparations of unrelated compounds if there are any.

The thing is, both articles are heavily loaded with discussions on alternative/prior art routes to amphetamine; that is, these parts are about a directly related compoundsmile, but absolutely unrelated to Leuckart rxn.

Do you want those translated as well?wink

Antoncho

P.S. Yeah, and how about preparations of P2P which are also encounted in the text? (i think i already once upon a time translated that AA/PAA experimental from Magidson & Garkusha)

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
08-01-04 00:18
No 522997
User Picture 
      Translation plan outline     

Well, that actually makes the entire articles very interesting (as different authors reviews things from different perspectives, it makes for an interesting and balanced read together with the other writings on my site).

I realize that the articles are rather long, and that the translation of them both requires quite a lot of work, so how about first focunsing on the translation of the experimental part of each article (as these are valuable for me to publish on my page, already on their own), and then the translation of the remaining text for each article can be added to the documents at a later date.

I have no problem with imperfect english in the translations if you feel that is an obstacle to anyone of you, as I can edit the documents for clarity myself - it is the actual translation I am completely unable to do myself.

The Hive - Clandestine Chemists Without Borders

All 4 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org