Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  2 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 6 posts   Subject: Anti-emetics for Opioids   Please login to post   Down

Pethidine
(Hive Bee)
11-08-04 23:40
No 540509
      Anti-emetics for Opioids     

Any bee out there have this happen to them or have any tips regarding this...When I started taking (orally) recreational amounts of opioids (from oxycodone to codeine to you name it) I would obtain the desired euphoria and all that goes with it with minimal side effects, if any.  Lately though, even moderate amounts of propoxyphene or codeine give me nausea, and it borders on totally ruining my experience.  I'm not a chronic user, i.e. several hits a day, or even a hit a day...is God getting me back by giving me nausea or something?  Is there any OTC or reasonably obtainable Rx anti-nausea drugs that a bee has found to be helpful...I have tried dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and meclizine (Bonine)...any other recommendations?

Thanks...
Peth

Reality is a crutch for those people who can't deal with drugs!

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
11-08-04 23:49
No 540511
      Some antihistamines (benadryl) use the same...     

Some antihistamines (benadryl) use the same enzyme that turns codeine into morphine. It's also a depressant, which isn't good with darvocet, because darvocet is the opioid with the most respiratory depression compared to its other effects/per dose.

Try ginger. I've personally never tried ginger, but heard it recommended for DXM nausea. I also had a little bit of soup (well, a lot actually, it was damn good) containing ginger while on dihydrocodeine, and I think it may've helped the nausea, especially considering the amount of liquid I put in my stomach.

Worth a shot. I dunno if Pepto-Bismol would work or not.

So differently divine...

jboogie
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 07:27
No 540604
User Picture 
      Phenergan...     

they make these in suppository or oral tablets/suspension. I prefer the tabs, myself. phenergan is an antihistamine also, like benadryl. it combats nausea very well, so much that people die from alcohol poisoning while on it cause they dont vomit up excess alcohol. or any other oral medication for that matter. i had to write a paper about euthanasia and found that phen. is commonly given to keep people from botching their own suicide attempts, due to the meds being thrown up after the first signs of nausea appear.
...from some online pdr from google:phenergan
Phenergan is also used as a sedative and sleep aid for both children and adults, and is prescribed to prevent and control nausea and vomiting before and after surgery and to prevent and treat motion sickness. It is also used, with other medications, for pain after surgery.

Don't you think if I had something intelligent to say, it would bee in my post?

sushitake
(Hive Bee)
11-09-04 13:17
No 540635
      seriosly ginger extract     

downing a good strong ginger type extract usually makes me feel better. a good recipe is lots of sugar, alot of ginger juice, seltzer and a little cayenne. the cayenne is pretty important. this is a century old recipe for opiate nausea. some bitters helps too, I wont name brands cause this is a forum that doesnt allow sources but there are still products out there using this combo.

opiophile

FlyBoy
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 20:25
No 540900
      Nausia?     

Hmm, that's strange..  Maybe you're right and God is getting you back, but I couldn't tell you for sure.  The only thing (single opioid) that gives me the sicks is Dilaudid, I find the slight nausiating feeling from heroin quite pleasant, but Hydromorphone(dilaudid) is rotten kife.

DOg has his way of walking us all.

McGuyver Bombs..    PCP, volatile liquid, and a Match.

Fastandbulbous
(Hive Bee)
11-12-04 03:41
No 541150
User Picture 
      Ones already used with opiates     

I assume you've already looked at cyclizine, as it's the antihistamine that usually gets combined with opiates to prevent nausea (with dipipanone - Diconal; with morphine - Cyclomorph). If it turns out that getting cyclizine might entail some difficulty, there is a related compound that is OTC (at least in the UK), namely cinnarizine (Stugeron) that is used for motion sickness. In the past, I've used it combined with dihydrocodeine and methadone if I've been in a lot of pain, as I tend to get the opiate "motion sickness" with low doses of the above two drugs. It combines really well with them, although if you're looking for something to actively boost the subjective effects, cinnarizine is not quite as sedating as cyclizine, but is like it in every other sense.

Definitly worth a try

That is right, the Mascara Snake: Fast and bulbous

All 6 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by Dissociative Identity Disorder® v.6.20.3 (patched), (C) 2022. All rights reserved.

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 04-26-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique