Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 4 posts   Subject: Rat mg/kg dosages differ from humans, obviously...   Please login to post   Down

BlaseDeviant
(Hive Bee)
11-05-04 23:55
No 539929
      Rat mg/kg dosages differ from humans, obviously...     

...but I remember seeing a number by which you divided the rat mg/kg dose to come up with an equivalent human dose.

Is there such a number, or would it differ greatly by drug, and the one I saw was either BS or a figment of my imagination?

So differently divine...

ApprenticeCook
(Hive Addict)
11-06-04 04:20
No 539976
      you can usually get LD numbers in mg of drug...     

you can usually get LD numbers in mg of drug per g of rat or mouse, you could multiply this out to get human dose by weight of ther person..

But i would highly not recommend doing so as this is very unreliable depending on the substance.

-AC

Its just my opinion, but no-one listens to me anyway, and rightly so...

indole
(Hive Bee)
11-12-04 04:57
No 541159
      At least for Meth/amph the rat dosage is ~10x...     

At least for Meth/amph the rat dosage is ~10x that of humans... it is metabolized much, much faster...

amines to an end

Fastandbulbous
(Hive Bee)
11-12-04 23:57
No 541300
User Picture 
      Very unreliable     

With rats, you can feed them bucketloads of MPTP (1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine) and they don't develop Parkinson's like symptoms, and their substantia nigra is untouched. On the other hand, give a primate a one off dose, and they all end up with severe Parkinson's and an extremely damaged  substantia nigra, just like the people who got some MPPP from a fucked up synth in California.

Sometimes we have metabolic routes so different from non-primates that the dosage figures are meaningless

That is right, the Mascara Snake: Fast and bulbous

All 4 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org

Powdered by XHTML(R) Release 4.21 Platinum Ed., 2018, SWIM-Soft

Links     Erowid     Rhodium

PIHKAL     TIHKAL     Total Synthesis II

Date: 04-26-24, Release: 1.6 (10-04-15), Links: static, unique