Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

General Discourse Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 10 posts   Subject: anandamide   Please login to post   Down

skanic
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 15:04
No 540833
      anandamide     

Is anandamide psychoactive when smoked ?
and is oleamide psychoactive when smoked ?
if yes, dosages ?

thank you
skanic

Xicori
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 17:02
No 540845
      high! The ethanolamine-amide of arachidonic...     

high!

The ethanolamine-amide of arachidonic acid (anandamide) should be definitely active (cannabinoid-like effects), but i doubt that smoking is posssible because i cant imagine this high molecular stuff to evaporate without decompostion.

Oral ingestion might leed to very fast enzymatic alimination - so try sublingual ingestion and report back!

I´m very interested in the effects of this material!

Best wishes,
xicori

Bwiti
(PVC-Analog Taste-Tester)
11-10-04 20:10
No 540897
User Picture 
      Cannabinoid-like effects?     

Cannabinoid-like effects? Do you remember what reference(s) stated that?

Love My Country, Fear My Government

Xicori
(Hive Bee)
11-10-04 22:37
No 540924
      No, i dont have a reference - only the ...     

No, i dont have a reference - only the personal report of someone.

But it is fact that anandamide binds to the cannabinoid receptors (or to one ow the two, i dont know), so i would expect some cannabinoid-like action from that fatty acid-amide. - or is that a misconclusion?

best wishes,
xicori

n3cr0n_99
(Stranger)
11-11-04 01:10
No 540943
      is oleamide even active???     

Has any one even found oleamide to be active, In my experiments up to 5 grams had no effect. I was tempted to go higher but with out any other references stating it was indeed active orally I put it on the back burner. As for smoking oleamide, I doubt you could successfully get it to vaporize with out burning the material.But I dont know for sure *shrug

SpicyBrown
(Hive Bee)
11-11-04 02:58
No 540957
      Anandamide Info     

This information was found on the website of a company who sells this compound at the rather outrageous price of $53 per 10 mg:

AEA is the ethanolamine amide of arachidonic acid, first isolated from porcine brain.[1] AEA is an endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter that binds to both CB1 and CB2 receptors.[2] AEA inhibits the specific binding of [3H]-HU-243 to synaptosomal membranes with a Ki of 52 nM, compared to 46 nM for Δ9-THC.[1]

[1]  Devane, W.A., Hanus, L., Breuer, A., et al. Isolation and structure of a brain constituent that binds to the cannabinoid receptor. Science 258, 1946-1949 (1992).

[2]  Felder, C.C., Briley, E.M., Axelrod, J., et al. Anandamide, an endogenous cannabimimetic eicosanoid, binds to the cloned human cannabinoid receptor and stimulates receptor-mediated signal transduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90, 7656-7660 (1993).

They also have a product insert available in PDF format.

-SpicyBrown

Lilienthal
(Moderator)
11-11-04 09:38
No 540997
User Picture 
      There is no chance that anandamide could be...     

There is no chance that anandamide could be smoked. It has a very high boiling point and is prone to cis into trans isomerization at elevated temperatures and, at the same time, is very sensitive to oxygen.

skanic
(Hive Bee)
11-12-04 18:55
No 541268
      re     

so, i can't smoke itcrazy
but would it be Active via nasal, oral or sublingual routes?
by active, i mean psychoactive, something that can make me stoned, as thc, not like valerian (or catnip... wow !!!) or others "psychoactives" kind of shit

sushitake
(Hive Bee)
11-12-04 22:43
No 541289
      consume with chocolate     

as chocolate contains related substances that block the bodies enzymatic destruction of anandamide, which is how it even makes it into the bloodstream in the first place, a sort of huasca type of effect. I have long wanted a source for pure anandamide  to test this hypothesis of mine out, that anandamide enriched chocolate might be more potent as psychoactivity is concerned.all attempts of buying research grade anandamide have gone unanswered. I consume large amounts of chocolate dialy for anandamide effect. I may be crazy but I have noticed some very paranormal experiences under the effect of chocolate late at night, especially when combining with other entheogens. chocolate and jade as divination tools.......drala magic.

opiophile

Lilienthal
(Moderator)
11-13-04 00:17
No 541303
User Picture 
      AFAIK it has been reported that chocolate...     

AFAIK it has been reported that chocolate contains anandamide, not "related substances that block the bodies enzymatic destruction of anandamide". And obviously chocolate has no cannabinoid like action.

All 10 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org