Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Server Room Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 4 posts   Subject: Only Murphy's Law!!   Please login to post   Down

ScuzZ
(Hive Addict)
11-10-04 07:28
No 540770
      Only Murphy's Law!!     

madIt wouldn't only happen to the most protected of people.

Swim being the most cautious of people believe in protecting all his electronic gear. Surge protection, UPS etc..

Freak storms can be very strange things, funnily enough it took out the switch, not because of a power surge through the switch, but it drove its way through the Cat5e. Not only taking out the switch but also taking out the network adaptor while the PC was off! crazy

Now this becomes more a question than a rant.laugh Anybee know of any lightning protection for Cat5e?

There are some really nice one's on the market, but looking for experiences etc..

Thanks all. smile

I've had my bit. laugh

Playing a Microsoft CD backwards produces satanic music. Play it forwards it installs Windows.

Osmium
(Stoni's sexual toy)
11-10-04 10:59
No 540800
User Picture 
      Think glass fiber. Optical networks. :-P     

Think glass fiber. Optical networks. tongue

BUSH/CHENEY 2004! After all, it ain't my country!
www.american-buddha.com/addict.war.1.htm

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
11-10-04 22:53
No 540925
User Picture 
      bad wiring     

I have a UPS/surge protector that my computer and monitor are plugged into. It's saved my ass numerous times because there's a power surge here about once a month. Last month, half of it stopped working. Unfortunately it was the half my computer was plugged into and not the half that the monitor was plugged into. Then a surge hit...

while I was defragging.

Fucked up the two partitions that were being defragged and I had to reinstall the OS.

The monitor as in fine shape though.

ScuzZ
(Hive Addict)
11-11-04 07:58
No 540987
      Power Surges     

Swim has all his equipment on trip and surge protectors.

Saved his life numerous times.

Unfortunately, and everyone continues to tell him how much of a phenomenon this is, the surge ran down the Cat5e which was not protected and blew it that way.

Interesting experience though.

Playing a Microsoft CD backwards produces satanic music. Play it forwards it installs Windows.

All 4 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org