Main Index   Search   Register   Login   Who's Online   FAQ   Links
  1 Online, 0 Active   You are not logged in  
Main Index     The HIVE light edition (TM)
This is a historical archive
The forum is read-only. Private information has been removed. It is not possible to login.

The Couch Thread:   Previous  Forum index  Next

All 9 posts   Subject: ODB dead at 35   Please login to post   Thread expires   Down

Drug_Phreak
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 22:23
No 541563
      ODB dead at 35     

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0%2C1%2C15343%2C00.html?tnews

Well... I listen to all kinds of music including rap and I was shocked to see the news about ODB passing on before his 36th birthday. What struck me as odd is that there seems to be some kind of message here in the form of numbers:

1) ODB dies at 36 Records, which is close to 36th St. 2) He dies one day before his 36th birthday. 3) Wu-Tang and the number 36 are basically synonymous. crazy

I'm always seeing some kind of messages in numbers or whatever it may be. For some reason I see the number 666 like 10 times a day. crazyshockedcrazy I'm into astrology and I like reading about numerology and this might come off as being eccentric, but that's ok because I am. wink

Crank is part of this complete breakfast.

moo
(Hive Addict)
11-14-04 22:46
No 541564
      Good for you. I think the old crack head died...     

Good for you.

I think the old crack head died of heart attack.

fear fear hate hate

Unobtainium
(Minister of Propaganda)
11-14-04 22:50
No 541565
User Picture 
      I am surprised it is even newsworthy     

The death of ODB doesn't exactly have to profound effect on the music world that the passing of Ray Charles or Johny Cash had.

The best sound to come out of ODB was the death rattle of his final breaths.

my subject has 36 characters in it.

abominator
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 22:58
No 541568
User Picture 
      OH BABY, I LIKE IT RAW!!!     

I was in my late teens before I actually gave rap a chance.  I just dismissed it because all the preps were into it, go figure.  Ol' Dirty Bastard, Dirt Mcgirt, Osiris, Big Baby Jesus are just a few of the monikers ODB used.   This bee took many a bong load while listening to the Wu's first album and ODB's fist solo LP.  After his split with Wu-Tang, I said fuck them. 

To this day 36 chambers... and the Return to the 36 chambers are the only rap I LP's I own.  Ok, I got Method Man's Tical, as well.

Shimmy shimmy ya

abominator
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 23:14
No 541572
User Picture 
      OK fuck Ray Charles' music     

I never liked Ray's music or voice for that matter.  Let me say that I am a musician and Ray Charles' music has not done shit to influence me or my guitar playing, I don't like playing standard I- IV- V blues progressions and mindless pentatonic solos. 

I had rather listen to ODB's first solo album over anything by Ray. 
Sure he was a sorry ass crackhead! He was no role model.

Unobtainium's attitude toward rap seem's to bee like that I had some time ago.  Sure never thought I would bee trying to validate rap.  I might just delete this.  Ferfuksake

Got nothin' but love for Johnny Cash's music.

...a little bit 'o meth goes a long way

MargaretThatcher
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 23:28
No 541575
User Picture 
      Baby, baby, make love to me all night, oh yeh..     

blah, blah, blah. What is that kind of music called? Is that swing or R&B? I must be getting old but it acts as a narcoleptic to me. Music died with Hendrix.

Rap is formulaic manufactured bull. You need to get some of the great German composers down you. Or Hendrix.

Are you now, or have you ever been a Liberal? YES / NO

wildstyle
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 23:28
No 541576
User Picture 
      dirt mcgirt is in the dirt     

RIP Rusty Jones... forget the rocks, dirty was a dope MC, he'll be missed by me and countless others.

'1 for the money, 2 for the better green, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine'

wildstyle
(Hive Bee)
11-14-04 23:33
No 541577
User Picture 
      Rap is formulaic manufactured bull.     

Rap is formulaic manufactured bull.

there is, IMHO, a difference between 'rap' and hip-hop music. Rap is infact that formulaic manufactured monotonous bullshit you hear on the radio, but that doesn't mean there's not hip-hop artists out there creating real music. How many bee-girls and bee-boys do we have in the house? cool

'1 for the money, 2 for the better green, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine'

jsorex
(Hive Addict)
11-14-04 23:34
No 541578
      Before MT posted I was just listening to ...     

Before MT posted I was just listening to Tannhäuser and thought about repling something, but forget it.. if you don't understand, you just don't. full stop.

033102beer_1_prv.gif

All 9 posts   End of thread   Top

https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org    the-hive@erowid.org